We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three nights in Montepulciano

Which Montepulciano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 9
Three nights in Montepulciano

We will be staying in an apartment for three nights in Montepulciano in September. Am looking for restaurant recommendations - moderately priced, casual is fine - it will just be my husband and I. We will not have a car. We do plan on taking bus to Pienza and walking back if weather is nice.

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 9
1. Re: Three nights in Montepulciano

Sorry I believe we are going to walk from Montefollonico not Pienza.

Takapuna, New...
reviews: 34
2. Re: Three nights in Montepulciano

My wife and I spent 3 nights in Motepulciano in June. We ate at Trattoria Diva e Maceo, on the left after entering through the town gate (70 euro including wine and somewhat disappointing), il Grifon d'Oro, further up the hill on the left (67 euro including wine and very enjoyable). However, the meal we enjoyed most was at Linda's Pizzeria e Rosticerria (wood fired). This is a little cafe/takeaway with a couple of tables inside and a couple more outside. It is located outside the old town, near the supermarket. If you are coming out through the town gate, walk past the carpark and continue ahead for 100 metres. For 15 euros we had 2 of the best pizzas ever and 3 large bottles of Moretti beer. The locals were coming and going during our meal and the other table inside was occupied by a group with a large platter piled high with barbecue roast chicken and a bowl of crisp salad.

Takapuna, New...
reviews: 34
3. Re: Three nights in Montepulciano

My wife and I spent 3 nights in Motepulciano in June. We ate at Trattoria Diva e Maceo, on the left after entering through the town gate (70 euro including wine and somewhat disappointing), il Grifon d'Oro, further up the hill on the left (67 euro including wine and very enjoyable). However, the meal we enjoyed most was at Linda's Pizzeria e Rosticerria (wood fired). This is a little cafe/takeaway with a couple of tables inside and a couple more outside. It is located outside the old town, near the supermarket. If you are coming out through the town gate, walk past the carpark and continue ahead for 100 metres. For 15 euros we had 2 of the best pizzas ever and 3 large bottles of Moretti beer. The locals were coming and going during our meal and the other table inside was occupied by a group with a large platter piled high with barbecue roast chicken and a bowl of crisp salad.

Montepulciano, Italy
reviews: 2
4. Re: Three nights in Montepulciano

Montefellonico is a lovely place to stay and there are many beautiful walks from this pretty village to both Montepulciano and Pienza. The village is possibly best known around here for it's famous restaurant, la Chiusa, that people come from far and wide to eat at. It is not cheap, this is a special occasion or last-day-of-trip splurge kinda place (we've been there in the past for birthdays/anniversaries) but if you're staying locally, it would be a shame (if budget permits) to miss it. The lady cook, I think her name is Daria(?) is very glamorous and her husband a delightful and always welcoming host. It's a special place.

ps: a lot of people on this board praise la Grotta in Montepulciano (opposite San Biagio) and whilst the food and location are always lovely, I personally feel it can be a bit over-priced at times. A few Euros more will get you la Chiusa and the difference, believe me, is astounding.

Edited: 10:50 pm, August 09, 2010
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 53
5. Re: Three nights in Montepulciano

Just as the road up the hill inside the town divides at the Loggia, to the right is a small restaurant called Le Logge del Vignola. We were almost the only guests that night though he said he had been more than full the night before. Anyway, just FANTASTIC food, witty, tasty, verging on a real "fine dining" experience.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g194833-d110…

I have to say that a pretty place down towards the gate, La Cantuccia, seemed to induce a very upset tummy the next day.

The restaurant at Il Chiostro in Pienza has a marvellous view and one can dine on the terrace on very good food. Expensive.

Tuscany, was as usual, very beautiful.

…blogspot.com/2009/09/tuscany-beautiful.html

Antwerp, Belgium
reviews: 121
6. Re: Three nights in Montepulciano

Try Osteria Acqua Cheta, at the end of the Corso. One of the favourite palces by the locals, hand -mad pasta, famous for the "fiorentina" steak, average price eur 15-20 per person VAT and service included .

Montepulciano
7. Re: Three nights in Montepulciano

The best resturant of the area in my opinion is La Grotta:it costs about 40 Eur per person, VAT, service and a "medium" wine included, but it worths every euro.

On the "moderately price" side , Osteria Acqua Cheta is a great place, or Trattoria diCagnano ( on the main street, the Corso). La Chiusa in Montefollonico is really overpriced for Italian standards.

8. Re: Three nights in Montepulciano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 08, 2011