We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shipping Wine Home...Please help

Which Montepulciano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WI
reviews: 1
Shipping Wine Home...Please help

I can't seem to find any info on this in guide books or on TA. Has anyone shipped a case or two home to the US before? If so, how much did you pay for shipping/duty/etc.

We are also wondering about making a "mixed" case, rather than just buying a case of only one kind of wine. Do the enotecas allow for you to customize cases?

Grazie!

San Francisco...
reviews: 2
11. Re: Shipping Wine Home...Please help

Jenny, I hear you. But if you don't want to pay expensive shipping charges resign yourself to checking your bags on your return trip. Otherwise you can't buy wine, grappa, honey, olive oil, balsamic or even creams and lotions from Pharmacy/Perfumery at Santa Maria Novella church in Florence. sigh. I know, it's a bummer.

(I was quoted anywhere from 105 to 155 Euros for shipping a case of wine).

We also do not bring checked luggage for overseas travel, but we check our carry-on bags on our return trip, then deploy our extra "emergency" expandable nylon bag (like the kind Rick Steves sells but smaller)for our return carry-on.

Another bummer if you fly through Zurich. You have to go through security to get from the Europe terminal to the International terminal. I don't think you are allowed to take liquids you buy in the duty-free shops though security. I'm not sure. I didn't try...

12. Re: Shipping Wine Home...Please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 27, 2009