We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip ideas while in Montecatini

Which Montecatini Terme hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tarrytown, New York
reviews: 11
trip ideas while in Montecatini

Hello everyone.

I will be in Montecatini for a week in July. I have been before with tour groups, and I have visited Siena, San Gimgnano, parts of the Chianti region, Pisa, and, of course, Florence. This time I would like to travel to other parts of Tuscany. I will be alone, so I really didn't want to rent a car. Anyone have any suggestions as to where else to visit in Tuscany, and, more importantly, how to get there?

Thank you!!

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 52
1. Re: trip ideas while in Montecatini

Lucca, Prato and Pistoia can all be easily reached by train from Montecatini

UK
reviews: 54
2. Re: trip ideas while in Montecatini

Here's a useful map of the train routes in Tuscany. From Montecatini Terme you can see how you're able to plan your journey to visit other towns:

discovertuscany.com/attachments/map-rail-lin…

Tarrytown, New York
3. Re: trip ideas while in Montecatini

Thank you!!

Scotland
reviews: 95
4. Re: trip ideas while in Montecatini

The local trains will take you to Viareggio - a coastal town thats worth a look. You can also take the bus to Pescia which is quite a nice town. Good luck - enjoy.

Tarrytown, New York
5. Re: trip ideas while in Montecatini

Thank you!!

Savannah, GA
reviews: 23
6. Re: trip ideas while in Montecatini

Lucca! Lucca! Lucca!

Tarrytown, New York
7. Re: trip ideas while in Montecatini

I agree completely. Lucca is on my list--for a couple of days. It is one of my favorite places in Italy.

swansea
reviews: 67
8. Re: trip ideas while in Montecatini

Hi there

This year, whilst in Tuscany, we visited Montecatini by train from Pisa. It is possible to visit Pistoia from Montecatini; it's the next town east of Montecatini on the way to Florence. You'll enjoy Pistoia!

Venicefan

Tarrytown, New York
9. Re: trip ideas while in Montecatini

Thank you Venicefan.

Dublin, Ireland
10. Re: trip ideas while in Montecatini

am doing the Travel Dept trip to tuscany in october. I am in my seventies(early!) and am a bit concerned that it may be very tiring. would love to hear from anybody who has done this trip. it includes day trips to Lucca,Siena,Florence Pisa..Ta