We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ABC Tours "Super Tuscany" Montecantini Terme

Which Montecatini Terme hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
reviews: 14
ABC Tours "Super Tuscany" Montecantini Terme

We are planning to book this tour. While residing at the Hotel Victtoria we visit Lucca, Cinque Terre, San Gimignano, Florence, Siena and the Chanti region. Has anyone attended this tour? Can you share your experiences. Thx!

Tarrytown, New York
reviews: 11
1. Re: ABC Tours "Super Tuscany" Montecantini Terme

I am going on this tour in July. I'd love to hear how yours was. I've been on the Club ABC basic Montecatini tour twice. Hopefully you will have Carolina as your tour guide, and sit with Nunzia at the bar. They are both fabulous!

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
reviews: 8
2. Re: ABC Tours "Super Tuscany" Montecantini Terme

I'll be staying at the Hotel Victtoria this June 4 to 13 and touring Florence,Sienna,Lucca with a group on a garden tour. When will you be there?

Hope you have a marvellous time...first time for me.

reviews: 13
3. Re: ABC Tours "Super Tuscany" Montecantini Terme

we are going on the flavors of tuscany montecatini tour in may w/a group of adult cousins. what 3 things would you tell us not to miss? could be a restaurant, a view or sight, a church, etc? grazie!

Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 21
4. Re: ABC Tours "Super Tuscany" Montecantini Terme

Just back from ABC's Cooking in Noble Tuscany tour. Based in Montecatini, we went out to numerous locations for 3 specific cooking classes, tours of 3 vineyards and 2 wine cellars, and visits to San Gimignano and Volterra. Much of it took place in the stunningly beautiful countryside. Our first day was at a vineyard where we made a 5-course meal in a room with windows on all sides looking out on the lovely hills. We visited a rural bakery that produced 2000 loaves a day, almost completely by hand. We saw sheep being milked, the milk being processed, and cheese being made from that milk as we stood. We had a wine tasting and appetizers at the Guicciardini Strozzi estate with the daughter of the princess; we made our own pizzas at a pizza restaurant; we walked up a hillside for a remarkable view of valleys near Volterra; we visited an olive press, and we cooked with our extraordinary tour guide/cooking instructor, Gianfranco Natali. Gianfranco made the trip a perfect experience - he was tireless, good-humored, gracious and very knowledgeable. If all Club ABC guides are this good, if all Club ABC tours are this well-planned, I'll be booking again and again.

Lakewood, New Jersey
reviews: 9
5. Re: ABC Tours "Super Tuscany" Montecantini Terme

Wonderful! Gianfranco is magic? You can't help having a great time. Wear elastic pants!

Brooklyn, New York
6. Re: ABC Tours "Super Tuscany" Montecantini Terme

My wife and I recently returned from Club ABC’s Cooking in Noble Tuscany cooking class/tour. This was our second time on this tour. The first time we went, there were 6 couples besides ourselves on the tour and we all had a wonderful time. In fact my wife loved it so much that she said we have to do this again with our friends. So we called ABC and had a special tour made for us during Easter week. Of course this would not have happened if Giancarlo Natali , the Chef/tour guide was not on board. Turns out he was more this willing and made the experience extra special. As usual the staff at the Hotel Vittoria was wonderful. Alitalia (the last time I will fly with them) lost one of our suitcases upon arrival in Pisa. They were less than helpful. On our first trip Alitalia lost the luggage of one of the tour members who did not get the suitcase back until the Friday before we left for the US. When we arrived at the Hotel, Gianfranco told us not to worry; he would have the hotel staff pursue the issue for us. We received the luggage 2 days later. Gianfranco also arranged a surprise Birthday party for my wife which was wonderful. Nunzia at the bar did an excellent job as usual! The cooking classes were amazing along with the locations. Gianfranco is not only a talented chef but also an excellent tour guide You don’t need to have great cooking skills for this tour, just enthusiasm. There is no pressure and everyone has a great time. I am a photographer and found the Tuscan scenery amazing. Gianfranco made sure the bus stopped at locations that were especially scenic and took us to small towns with little or no tourists for excellent food and photographic opportunities. Gianfranco actually got me to put down my cameras and make a pizza. That was quite an accomplishment and the pizza turned out to be quite good. All in all I highly recommend this tour and Hotel. If you love wines and good food you just can’t beat this tour. Please let me know if there are any questions about the tour or if anyone would like to see my photos from this trip.

reviews: 3
7. Re: ABC Tours "Super Tuscany" Montecantini Terme

I made reservations for this tour in September to travel in March and was very excited about the trip. I just found out by accident that Club ABC went bankrupt in October. They had $2800 of my money and never even had the courtesy to notify me that I would not be going on this trip. I purchased trip insurance - through them - so that doesn't help. Thank goodness I paid with a credit card because they will fight to get the money. I have travelled many times with Club ABC and always had good experiences but I am disgusted with their handling of this situation.

reviews: 13
8. Re: ABC Tours "Super Tuscany" Montecantini Terme

We were a group of. 12 who traveled w them on that fabulous tour in 2010 and we were going back this April. Needless to day we were flabbergasted as this company has been around a long time w a great reputation. We found this company and have rebooked with them. Gate 1. If u decide to book with them and y can go in April 4 two weeks u may be ze to join us fit a discount. If u want more infoet me know but either way heck them out. Pattie d

9. Re: ABC Tours "Super Tuscany" Montecantini Terme

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, January 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Montecatini Terme