We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to mount etna

Which Milazzo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
reviews: 27
day trip to mount etna

hello. i shall be arriving from stromboli to sicily with my teenage daughter. which is the best way to see mount etna. hopefully with the cable car. we shall be departing on the same day. from palermo is a cheaper flight for us although i realise catania is more convenient. ideally i'd like to arrive milazzo or messina in the morning. take a trip to mount etna and then on to the airport.i would appreciate some travel suggestions. thanks

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
11. Re: day trip to mount etna

Prego trimria – Have you found a car hire agency?

The commune di Milazzo lists these agencies, but many are local to the area and some companies lack sterling reviews, so check carefully. It’s important to find a reputable agency in Sicily.

www.comune.milazzo.me.it/autonoleggi.htm

Check AutoEurope, but again the agency closes at 13.00.

http://www.auto-europe.co.uk/

You might take public transport to Taormina or Catania’s airport and hire the car there.

Vagabonda

ireland
reviews: 27
12. Re: day trip to mount etna

thank you vagabonda for checking.

i think it is impossible to rent a car at lunch time so now i have 2 options.

1) i can change my ferry ticket to an earlier crossing. it will cost €3 at napoli/ stromboli if there is availability.

2) if not i can get a private tour/taxi from the hotel near taormina early the next morning

we'll see how it goes. sometimes too much planning spoils the adventure

ria

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
13. Re: day trip to mount etna

Ciao trimria,

It would seem changing the ferry ticket the costly option – Hope to hear from you on your return!

Best wishes for a wonderful holiday!

Vagabonda

14. Re: day trip to mount etna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, October 23, 2012