We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is this the place for me?

Which Massa Lubrense hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 2
is this the place for me?

i have never been to italy before and like the sound of this lovely place . my wish list is : harbour, rocky beaches, low key nightlife (but not dead)! lots of traditional food and culture and different nationalities and a local square can anybody out there tell me please whether i will get my wishes if i go. i am planning for late june next year p.s i`m not to keen on the idea of little donkeys trecking up and down hills all day they get a raw deal so no donkeys please!! cheers everyone

Lancashire UK
reviews: 2
1. Re: is this the place for me?

Massa Lubrense is a lovely area and should meet your wish list.

Be careful where you choose to stay. Some accommodation is fairly remote. If you don't have a car, it's probably best to stay in one of the main centres, Massa or Sant Agata. I dont think you'll meet any donkeys.

Pete.

Gifford, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
reviews: 119
2. Re: is this the place for me?

Massa & the area around it is wonderful. I visit every year and never tire of the very layed back culture. It has a harbour and Angelo & his wife and daughters run the taverna. Angelo is the most hospitable host and speeks perfect Engish and should be your first stop on your visit as he will give you all the info you nead to enjoy your stay. Luigi who you will find sitting on his chair at the side of the jetty will hire you a little motor boat for €45 a day incuding fuel if you want to explore all the hidden coves that are only accessable from the sea. Rocky beeches are all you find around this part of the coast and night life is very low key & it does have a little square, No 18-30's, No karioki, but some of the best food you will find in Italy. I will be back as usual at the end of June staying at the Delfino. No Donkeys,( they use little motorised catipilar type trucks now) but some fantastic old Donkey paths that you can walk. Some of the most hospitable local people you will ever meet, but be careful of the various local home brews (lemon or grape) that they may offer to the unsuspecting traveler. I still cannot remember how I got from Ravello to Amalfi after asking directions and being given a glass of very refreshing 'lemonade' Hope you enjoy as much as I do, but beware of fat Scotsmen on motor bikes in late June.

Massa Lubrense...
reviews: 1
3. Re: is this the place for me?

Hello, Couldn't agree more with Mike. I am from Massa Lubrense and it ticks all your boxes in your wish list. I've become so used to the nice quiteness (not dead) that Sorrento now seems to busy and full. The views from the area are to die for and if you hire a car then you can go to all the surrounding villages which have the most amazing restaurants. In Annunziata there is a restaurant called La torre and I haven't found a restaurant to beat it. The locals flock to it and its all set outside with a view towards Capri. Also in my 4 years of living out here I haven't encountered a Donkey. So, you should be fine!

Georgetown, Texas
reviews: 18
4. Re: is this the place for me?

My girlfriend and I are traveling to your town in September and

staying at the Hotel Residence.

Could you share some of the sights and good restaurants within

walking distance of this hotel.

Thanks

Christa

Massa Lubrense...
5. Re: is this the place for me?

Hello,

Are you staying in Hotel residence in Nerano? That is a few km's from me but is stunning with some amazing restaurants near by but quite, peaceful with stunning scenery and a local bus that takes you to Sorrento. The top restaurant of the whole area is set in St Agata and is called Don Alfonso. Not exactly walking distance but the most highly rated place thats only a short bus ride away

Massa Lubrense...
6. Re: is this the place for me?

in Nerano there is this one which the locals rave about to me. Taverna del Capitano

Georgetown, Texas
7. Re: is this the place for me?

Thank you so much, we are very exited to visit.

If you would bring a present for someone, where do we go and

what do we purchase?

Christa

Massa Lubrense...
8. Re: is this the place for me?

In what respect do you mean? Do you mean a present for someone Italian maybe? Also what age are you talking? Whenever I came to visit my fiance's family, I always brought something very English be it an English type of pottery or a statue or some kind of chocolate and they always loved that. Let me know what your situation is.

Georgetown, Texas
9. Re: is this the place for me?

I thought more of Pottery or Jewelry for my family here in the

States.

Thanks

Christa

Massa Lubrense...
10. Re: is this the place for me?

Oh I see! You mean to bring back from here to the states. Well there are several things here that are very Neopolitan. For example there's Limoncello. A small shot of lemon with alcohol thats drunk after a meal and aids digestion. A bottle of that goes down well. There's perfumes from the perfumery in Capri. There's inlaid wood thats beautiful small pieces of would put together to make up beautiful furniture and music boxes. I love them as I use to open them and hear return to Sorrento and always it would transport me back here. Then there's Capodimonte range. There is so much and not an inch tacky. You have to get the bus to Sorrento to see all the range. Don't miss Lucky Store in Sorrento. It's a beautiful inlaid wood shop and it's very well known here.