We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Type of attire for a week in and around Nerano?

Which Massa Lubrense hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
reviews: 111
Type of attire for a week in and around Nerano?

For example, shorts or jeans ok? Tennis shoes with those? We don't usually go to the 5-star restaurants, preferring instead to sample the small, hole-in-the-wall places.

Just trying to get a general idea. Any help is most appreciated.

5 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
reviews: 5
1. Re: Type of attire for a week in and around Nerano?

The restos in and around Nerano/Marina del Cantone range from beachside places through to Michelin starred restaurants. Nerano is in the district of Massa Lubrense and you will find reviews for Nerano/Marina del Cantone places in this link. Our favourite in Marina del Cantone started life as a straw roofed trattoria but is now silver service and has a Michelin star!

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g194819-Massa_…

Atlanta, GA
2. Re: Type of attire for a week in and around Nerano?

Thank you so much. And, if you don't mind, can you give me an idea about everyday clothing attire? Might seem like a silly question, but we're curious.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 21
3. Re: Type of attire for a week in and around Nerano?

Jeans and tennis shoes are fine. Unless you're going to elegant restaurants, they're fine for restaurants as well. If you're going in autumn, shorts may not be practical, especially in the evenings and early mornings. You can't enter churches with shorts above the knee. You should bring a light jacket (preferably water resistant) or a sweater in autumn for cooler temperatures.

UK
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
reviews: 5
4. Re: Type of attire for a week in and around Nerano?

Down in Marina del Cantone, and if the weather is good, shorts would be fine. On sunny weekends the beach is busy with daytrippers from around the Bay of Naples. I'm not a shorts person, usually wear cotton/linen trousers or a skirt, but there will be plenty of other visitors wearing shorts at the various sites. Be sure to pack comfortable shoes for visits to places like Pompeii, they are hard on the feet!

Edited: 11:43 am, September 20, 2013
Atlanta, GA
5. Re: Type of attire for a week in and around Nerano?

Exactly the kind of information I was looking for. We'll be in Nerano in two weeks. I was hoping it would be warm enough to dip into the ocean, but I'll just be happy to be there. Thank you very much.

Reply to: Type of attire for a week in and around Nerano?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted