We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina Di Pietrasanta - A few questions please?

Which Marina di Pietrasanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
reviews: 9
Marina Di Pietrasanta - A few questions please?

Hi all,

I'm hoping you can answer a few questions for me. I have found a fab deal to Marin Di Pietrasanta (hotel Venezia) for a week in September and I'm just trying to find a bit more out about the area.

Myself and my boyfriend (both in our mid twenties) are looking for a week away somewhere relaxing and away from the usual British tourist destinations. Basically we want sunshine, sea, good food and drink and perhaps a few things to do if we're bored on the beach - trips to other towns/an old town, etc. Does Pietrasanta sound like it would fit the bill for us?

My other questions are:

Is the area expensive whilst there? I.e. food, drink, transport.

Is it easy to get from the marina to the old town? Either by walking or bus?

What is the nightlife like? Im thinking wine bars and restaurants than nightclubs

Are all the beaches private and are they expensive? If there are free beaches are they nice and will they be busy? (We're going mind September)

Is there places to hire bikes?

And are there other towns within cycling (or walking) distance? I.e forte dei marmi

Finally can we get to Florence or Pisa easily? I'm thinking we might plan a day out to somewhere like that to break up the beach trips.

I'm sorry for all the questions, it's just our first holiday abroad together and I just want to make sure we get the destination right! And after all my searching this seems almost too good to be true!

I'm thinking of booking shortly so any quick responses would be really, really appreciated.

Rickmansworth...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Marina Di Pietrasanta - A few questions please?

We drove to this resort last week and although I am not able to advise on travel links, Lucca is fairly close and worth a visit. I have been to Florence on a previous trip and it is a must if you like the cultural side of life. Pisa is very touristy!

As for the resort it is lovely. The Zen Versilia Hotel is very good. Lots of pizzerias but by far the best is Gennaro's and you do have to book so it so worth strolling round late afternoon to get a reservation.

Marquerita's opposite the newsagent shop in the centre is great for an aperitif and to watch the world go by.

Meals reasonably priced if you have a carafe of local wine.

My only downside is that the beach is split into privately owned areas and it is around 30 Euros a day to have an umbrella and a couple of us beds. This is probably the same in all resorts in the area and there are areas of public beach. The price does include use of all facilities ie loo and changing rooms.

Hope this helps.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
2. Re: Marina Di Pietrasanta - A few questions please?

For transport, there is a train station in Pietrasanta with some direct trains to Pisa and Florence, though a change is required to get to Florence during most of the morning.

But from Marina di Pietrasanta, it could well be more convenient to use the train station at nearby Viareggio, which has more frequent trains and more direct trains, and also direct trains to Lucca as another place nearby for a day out.

For bus times in Pietrasanta see vaibus.it/pdf/LibrettoExtraurbano20130701.pdf and for a not very good map of bus routes see www.vaibus.com/pdf/rete/rete_extraurbana.pdf

Trinita, Italy
reviews: 16
3. Re: Marina Di Pietrasanta - A few questions please?

If you go in mid September it won't be busy during week days since schools are opened. The area is a bit expensive because Forte dei Marmi is considered a luxury place. I suggest you to ask the hotel for bike rental: it's a good way to explore the coast since there's a long bike path to Forte dei Marmi and down to Viareggio.

Marina di...
reviews: 85
4. Re: Marina Di Pietrasanta - A few questions please?

Hi! If you are looking for these characteristics, I think that Marina di Pietrasanta is good for you! In September there are few people and prices (hotel, beaches) are generally lower. You can chose if going to a private beach (I don't know prices for one week, I think that in September are lower than 100€) or you can go to the free beach that is not far from your hotel. If you rent a bike it is more comfortable going around: there is a long cycling lane along the Promenade from Forte dei Marmi (about 30 min cycling) to Viareggio (about 45 min). There is also a cycling lane to Pietrasanta, along Viale Apua (about 7km), but if you want to go to Pietrasanta on the evening (that I suggest you, there are a lot of cozy little restaurants!) and you don't have a car, I suggest to take a taxi (ask to the hotel). There is a bike rental near you hotel. You can go by bike also to the pine grove "La Versiliana", near Viale Apua, a very relaxing place! Remember the Forte dei Marmi market on Wednesday morning!

About nightlife, in Marina there are some wine bars and restaurants, but in September there will be few persons... In Pietrasanta, instead, there is more life!

If you want to go to Lucca or to Florence, you can take the train (from Pietrasanta) or the bus and you must change in Viareggio; for Pisa, there is a direct train or bus from Pietrasanta's train station.

Here there is the bus schedule vaibus.it/pdf/LibrettoExtraurbano20130701.pdf

To Viareggio: page Q23I (your stop in MdP is Tonfano V.le Roma, in front of the pier; in Viareggio you can get off at the station or at the stop Piazza d'Azeglio, along the Promenade).

To Pisa/Pisa Airport: page Q24 (from Pietrasanta terminal bus, near the train station)

To Pietrasanta: page Q25 (from Tonfano v.le Roma to Pietrasanta terminal).

If you need more informations you can ask! Bye!

Edited: 2:30 pm, July 20, 2013
Leicester, United...
reviews: 9
5. Re: Marina Di Pietrasanta - A few questions please?

Thank you so much for your helpful replies! I'm sorry for not responding sooner. We bit the bullet and booked it and I'm so glad we did. I can't wait listening to your replies, it sounds like just the kind of holiday we are looking for!

I'm going to get planning some trips to Florance/Lucca I think! I'm looking forward to relaxing by the sea but I definitely want to do some exploring whilst we're there! It is Italy afterall, there's so much to see!!

Thank you again so much, it really is appreciated and I couldn't be more excited to go now!!! :)

6. Re: Marina Di Pietrasanta - A few questions please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Marina di Pietrasanta
More Marina di Pietrasanta Topics