We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banks and money exchange

Which Marina Di Pietrasanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Banks and money exchange

Hi

We are going to Marina Di Pietrasanta in July and with the current Euro crisis just don't know what form to take our money in. We usually take it all in Euros. I have heard that people are

having trouble cashing in travellers cheques so I am wondering about taking a debit card but wonder if there are ample banks in the resort. Please can anyone advise?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
1. Re: Banks and money exchange

Whatever you do, don't take travellers' cheques. They are almost impossible to change, and if you can, you get a poor rate.

A UK debit card should be fine in any ATM machine, and most banks have one. Check that your bank doesn't require you to inform them before you use it abroad.

According to yellow pages, there are three banks along the seafront in Marina di Pietrasanta, and lots more in Pietrasanta itself.

Edited: 3:43 pm, May 27, 2012
Marina Di...
reviews: 81
2. Re: Banks and money exchange

There isn't any problem to find banks in Marina di Pietrasanta, expecially in Tonfano! they are open during the morning and the beginning of the afternoon (usually until about 15.30). They close on Sat and Sun.

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
reviews: 30
3. Re: Banks and money exchange

You are going this summer? There is a lot of non-sense and scaremongering going on at present about the Euro, a lot of cheap headlines for newspapers. There is no issue in taking Euro notes to Italy, whilst Italy has its debt problems there is no suggestion or discussion that Italy will leave the Euro. In the most extreme case any major changes will be planned well in advance and well publicised ( I could add they will affect only Greece as well at least initially). Its inconceivable that you will see a disintegration and collapse overnight. Travellers cheques are a no-no even without the crisis, and a good credit card often the most efficient way to pay for meals etc, so I would do what you normally do.

4. Re: Banks and money exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, July 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Marina Di Pietrasanta
More Marina Di Pietrasanta Topics