We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport in this area

Which Marina Di Pietrasanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 2
Public Transport in this area

Hi

Am spending a week here soon and would like to know if there are any buses that go to Portovenere? Lucca? Viareggio? Pisa? and if so where would we catch them???? is there a bus terminus?

I know there is a train station in Viareggio but can we get a bus from Marina di Peitasantra to it??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated... Thanks ;-)

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
reviews: 17
1. Re: Public Transport in this area

This whole area is very well served by local bus lines:

1. Viareggio to Pisa/Pisa Airport hourly

2. Viareggio to Lucca hourly

3. Viareggio to Florence nonstop buses in morning and late afternoon

4. Viareggio to Forte dei Marmi hourly (stopping at Marina di Pietrasanta)

5. Forte dei Marmi to Marina di Carrara hourly

6. Forte dei Marmi to Pietrasanta (old town) hourly

Bus runs are reduced significantly on Sundays.

From Marina di Pietrasanta to Cinque Terre, it's probably easiest to take the bus to Viareggio, then the train. It will take you 10-15 minutes to walk from the bus terminus in Viareggio to the train station. The locals will be able to tell you whether it's easier/more efficient to reach a different train station from Marina di Pietrastanta by bus (don't think so).

I myself have taken these buses.

Schedules: www.vaibus.it

England
2. Re: Public Transport in this area

Thank you so much for the info.....much appreciated.... now I can relax a little knowing that I can get around OK... thanks again

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
3. Re: Public Transport in this area

For Regional trains to the north (e.g to la Spezia for a bus to Portovenere) you might want to use Pietrasanta train station, a short bus hop every 30 minutes (I think) from Marina di Pietrasanta. For train times from here and from Viareggio to Pisa and Lucca, see http://trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

There are also boat trips from Viareggio and Marina di Massa to the Cinque Terre which start after June 20 http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/

England
4. Re: Public Transport in this area

Thank you very much for the information............much appreciated...:-)

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
reviews: 17
5. Re: Public Transport in this area

I agree with Perilizia that it would be preferable to take the train to Cinque Terre from the Pietrasanta station (rather than from Viareggio) if there is local bus service between Marina di Pietrasanta and Pietrasanta (which I assume so).

England
6. Re: Public Transport in this area

Thank you for the info.......and for your time.. :-)

7. Re: Public Transport in this area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:52 am, December 04, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Marina Di Pietrasanta
More Marina Di Pietrasanta Topics