We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from the airport..

Which Marina Di Pietrasanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester UK
Transport from the airport..

Can someone tell me how easy/difficult it is to get to Marina di Pietrasanta from Pisa airport please

Brighton
reviews: 59
1. Re: Transport from the airport..

Hi Sandy

I am going to Marina di Pietrasanta next week, and I too was concerned on how to reach it from Pisa Airport. However I found the following information on a Hotel in the resort website. I hope it is useful:-

By bus:

Using Lazzi bus lines from Firenze (Piazza Adua),from Lucca (Piazzale Verdi) or Viareggio (Piazza D���Azeglio), you can take a direct bus to Marina di Pietrasanta. You can get off in Viale Roma(the beach side road).You will find the Bitta Hotel 600 metres far away on the right.

By train:

Marina di Pietrasanta does not have a train station, but the village of Pietrasanta (inland) which is only 4 km away has one, where you can easily catch a train for any destination.From the station of Pietrasanta you can catch a bus or a taxi.

By air:

Marina di Pietrasanta is located only 30 minutes far away from Pisa International Airport. From the airport you can take a train to reach the station of Pietrasanta. If you are flying to Florence airport take a bus or taxi to reach Florence Santa Maria Novella station. Take a train towards Genova and get off in Pietrasanta.At the station of Pietrasanta you can catch a taxi or a bus to reach us. If you prefer you can rent a car in Pisa or Florence airports.

Brighton
2. Re: Transport from the airport..

Hi again Sandy

Found out a bit more about the trains. You can catch a train from Pisa Airport and change at Pisa Central for the train to Pietrasanta. Trains seem to be about every half hour from both stations. The journey length between Pisa Central and Pietrasanta is about 30 miniutes according to the time table. Fares seems very cheap at 2.50 euro. You can then get a bus or a taxi for the short ride into marina di pietransanta (well in theory).

You can find out more about the trains on www.trenitalia.it

.. click on the English Edition from the front page

Manchester UK
3. Re: Transport from the airport..

Thanks for that - just got to find a good hotel!

Brighton
4. Re: Transport from the airport..

Hi again Sandy

Try this link for hotels and user reviews for hotels in marina di piertransta www.venere.com/search/…

I am going twice to Hotel Suisse - next week and again in September. I booked through www.expedia.com via their hotel tab and by booking ahead I got great deals for a single room at ��36 per night full board. But I note that the hotel is pretty busy duing the summer and if you book now it costs a huge amount for the the same accomodation and board for most weeks. I see that mid - late September the deal goes back down to about ��36 a night

Good luck and enjoy your holiday

Brighton
5. Re: Transport from the airport..

That's 36 pounds sterling not euros - didn't realise the system would not like the pund sign until after I sent it :)

Manchester UK
6. Re: Transport from the airport..

Thanks for all info, we are going in September. How was Hotel Suisse??

Brighton
7. Re: Transport from the airport..

Hi again

Hotel Suisse was very good value with excellent staff; good sized room and bathroom (booked single but got a double for 39 pounds half board per night), good freshly prepared food (plenty to eat for evening meal - 4 courses starting with a healthy buffet starter with about 20 choices, followed by soup or pasta dish, followed by a choice of 3 meat/fish dishes/ followed by a choice of 3 or 4 deserts).

The one thing about Hotel Suisse is that it is favoured by Italian families so when I was there, there were a lot of young children ( usually well behaved and smartly dressed except one young kid called Luca) running around and using the pool. Although the Hotel was full, I found it was very quiet inside.

I have booked again for September at about 36 pounds full board per night single room (I did this before I went in June).

Don't book Hotel Happy as it is an old hotel with a massive new development being built on its rear, so its grounds are a massive building site.

Taxi from the Airport to marina di pietrasanta was very expensive i.e. 65 euro, but I found a lady taxi service in 'm di p' who did the trip back to the airport at half the price, using the pretty back roads instead of the scary autostrada that most taxi drivers use,and in less time!!! I have her phone number and email address to use her again when I return.

The train station at the airport is about 100 yards from the arrivals exit and the coaches to Pietrasanta and elsewhere are right infront of the airport. I got a taxi because it was incredibly hot (touching 100 degrees and couldn't face public transport).

Autobuses from marina di Pietransta to Forte di Marni and Viarreggio and Pietrasanta run about every 30 mins and the single fare is 1 euro 40. You have to buy your bus tickets in advance from a Foto shop in the same road as Hotel Suisse but on otherside, down pass where all the shops and restaurants are. The Hotel Manager will give you a photcopy of the autobus timetables if you ask.

I am looking forward to going back in Sept (14th for a week).

One final thing the beach is the very regimented Italian lines of loungers and umbrellas with lots of different outfits competing for your custom. Costs about 15 to 20 euros a day, but there is a free beach to the left (facing the sea) of hotel suisse. Very sandy.

8. Re: Transport from the airport..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, July 06, 2005
Manchester UK
9. Re: Transport from the airport..

Thanks for that Marinablue, really helpful info.

manchester
10. Re: Transport from the airport..

message for marina blue

Get answers to your questions about Marina Di Pietrasanta
More Marina Di Pietrasanta Topics