We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do many Brits go to this resort?

Which Marina Di Pietrasanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield UK
reviews: 4
Do many Brits go to this resort?

Hi, I've been monitoring this forum for a while but there is very little movement... is that because not many Brits venture here or the resort has very little to recommend it?

We are booked to go there from June 6th - 13th and staying at the Hotel Venezia... chosen because the hotel had very favourable comments on another website and because it was not on the seafront... and had its own swimming pool... not many hotels in our price bracket had pools...

The seafront part is because the regimented umbrellas and loungers of the private owned beaches were not something I relished viewing and the trees surrounding our small hotel are infinitely more preferable.

We are hiring a car from Pisa airport and intend to travel around the area to soak in the Tuscan ambience...

As other subcribees to trip advisor have previously recommended... any hints or tips will be very much appreciated and I'll write a review of the area myself on our return.

Thanks!

UK
reviews: 2
1. Re: Do many Brits go to this resort?

Hi,

Brits do go here but it is predominantly an Italian holiday resort - in my opinion a good thing!

Viareggio is more British and only 10 mins away along the coast. Marina Di Pietrasanta is a great area, plenty to do and the perfect base for touring. Make sure you visit Forte dei Marmi, Pietrasanta old town (NOT to be missed!) both are only 10 mins away.

June is quiet-ish but less people means it is easier to explore.

Personally, it is my favourite place in Italy.

Hope this helps!

coventry
reviews: 11
2. Re: Do many Brits go to this resort?

Hi - I too am looking to go to Marina Di Pietrasanta and would be very interested to know how your holiday went. We are hoping to go in September. Did you find hiring a car was essential or do you think using local transport could be a better option?

Sheffield UK
reviews: 4
3. Re: Do many Brits go to this resort?

Hi Coventry Wellie,

As we hired a car we didn't investigate public transport so cannot help you...

If you do hire a car watch the Italian drivers... lovely people they are... good drivers they are not! :)

I loved the area, especially Marina Di Pietrasanta... gorgeous town with loads of restaurants and ice cream parlours... try the hazelnut icecream... to die for! :)

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Ciao xx

Edinburgh
reviews: 26
4. Re: Do many Brits go to this resort?

Hi ,

we are planning a short break (4 days) to this resort next July , like you looking for a hotel with pool (family group of 12 including 3 kids aged 11-15)

How was your hotel - it was on my list due to reviews too, but I thought perhaps quite a bit far back from the beach / prom

we are not hiring a car for this bit of our break (part of a 3 week trip) and our party ranges in age from 11 - 77 so ideally we don't want to be too far from the ice cream parlours / buzz of the centre of the resort.

Would love to know if you think it would be suitable.. the other one on our list is hotel sabrina

5. Re: Do many Brits go to this resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, October 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Marina Di Pietrasanta
More Marina Di Pietrasanta Topics