We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP >>>>>First Time In Livingo

Which Livigno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow Scotland
HELP >>>>>First Time In Livingo

Hi Everyone

Have just booked a week in the resort, we normally go to Austria But have been wanting to try Livingo for sometime now only the transfer time put us off as there are no direct flights from Glasgow so its a 4hrs car/bus journey for us each side.

Can you give me and any one else advice as first time visitors, we are snow boarders to a resonable level and any help would be much appricated eg best shops, lift pass price and best place to buy, best night life bars ,where to eat,

things must see and things must avoid, best slops and why.

PS Our Dog in the picture is staying in Scotland as we may loose her in all the white stuff. Have a great season everyone.

Many Thanx Alan

London
Destination Expert
for Livigno
reviews: 43
1. Re: HELP >>>>>First Time In Livingo

Would love to help, but it largely depends on where you are staying in Livigno, its quite a big resort.

Best side for Boarders is the Mottolino side as thats got the Board Park, both Mottolino and Carouselo side have their own websites, check them out... Carouselo gets the sun (if there is any?) in the morning, Mottolino in the afternoon.

If you are a small group, getting around is easy by bus, but even easier by taxi!! (and cheap)Most bars or restaurants will call one for you.

Belavista is fab for food, and famous for it, ask anyone who has been to Livigno.

Glasgow Scotland
2. Re: HELP >>>>>First Time In Livingo

Hi there

Thanx for the reply we are staying at the Hotel ALASKA have been informed its very

central ?

3. Re: HELP >>>>>First Time In Livingo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:51 am, March 04, 2006
n.ireland
reviews: 2
4. Re: HELP >>>>>First Time In Livingo

DEAR Alan - Its a pity you cant take the dog we have a lhaso apso but he had to stay at home over our xmas week in livigno just past

we stayed at the San giovanni 2 star hotel which was excellent beside slope 11 with the ski school food was great and it was packed every night with their excellent a la carte menu - we had lunch at Marcos - resonable cost of around 10 euros for pizza , lasagne or burger and chips - beers are about 3.50 euros - lunch at the top of the Carosello at around 3000 ft is not bad the snack bar is just as good as the main restaurant. 7 day lift pass is i think 155 euros which gets you on the free bus although nobody checks is you have 1 or not - as absolute beginners we only tried slope 11 or 17 the latter being more central and nicer - although you probalby know this it is ******* cold most days xmas week it was -12to - 19 @ 2.00pm at night when my teenagers were staggering home it was -27 - point of note we went down with the panorama reps on the taboggan run at 5.00pm for 10 euros for an hour which was great fun at slope 17 - however 40 or so started but after 3rd trip down most people went home as it was cold as you went up the ski lift - but it is hilarious fun -

at 44 i fell a few times over the week but i still managed to win the toboggan race against my 20 year old daughter and 19 year old son. on the assumption they are in your age bracket they had a brilliant time - if your looking for booze try the supermarkets

a litre bottle of Jack Daniels etc is about 9 euros - bottle of smirnoff 5.70 euros

hope you have a good 1

M