We are 4 persons spending 7 days in Giardini Naxos in July. From all the nice trips available I would prefer a trip to Mount Etna and one to the Aeolian Islands. I have 2 reasons for this: I would like to spend as much time as possible on the beach and second we are on a low budget.
I've done some research and read the topics from this forum but I am still a little confused. I have a lot of questions. I would appreciate if i could get an answer at least for some of them :)
About the Aeolian Islands:
- do we have enough time to see more than 2 islands in one day
- if not, which 2 are the best (in terms of beach, not architecture or history)
- is it more convenient to take an organized tour like sat or saistours or to rent a car to messina or milazzo (we are 4 persons)
- another alternative to car hire could be train or bus? which is the best option?
About Mount Etna and Gole dell'Alcantara:
- same question: tour or individual?
- car or bus?
- is it worth the long trekking to the highest point?
Thank you in advance