We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Verona Airport

Which Gardone Riviera hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
reviews: 9
Transfer from Verona Airport

Hi,

I am travelling to Gardone Riviera but don't have transfers included and don't really want to hire a car. The quotes I have for taxis were very expensive (around £100 one-way) and I don't really want to spend that much.

Does anyone know of any other cheaper ways to transfer to and from Verona airport? (e.g. coach).

At the moment I am considering Airport to rail station shuttle for 5 Euros, Then the rail station to Desenzano G Sirmi (for £5 I think) and then a bus if I can find one or otherwise a taxi.

Any help would be much appreciated!.

Thanks in advance!

Bradford
1. Re: Transfer from Verona Airport

Yes that would be the cheapest way to get to Gardone from Verona airport. The bus stop at Desenzano is right in front of the train station. Buses are not very frequent, and the last bus is at 6pm I think- if you miss that taxi is the only way. The other way would be to get a ferry from Desenzano to Gardone, however the port at Desenzano is a bit of a walk from the train station.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
reviews: 12
2. Re: Transfer from Verona Airport

Hi, what date are you travelling and at what time does your flight arrive?

Check www.trenitalia.com for train times between Verona and Desenzano del Garda (but if you are travelling in a few weeks' time then put in a day/date for a day next week. If the travel date is too far ahead the web site will not show all the options).

This is the timetable for buses from Desenzano to Gardone:

trasportibrescia.it/upload/…LN027.pdf (the last bus is at 18.30).

The last boat (in the current timetable) between Desenzano and Gardone is at 16.50 and will cost €10.60 each.

You could try these companies which (I think) are both cheaper than the £100 you quoted:

http://www.shuttledirect.com/en/airport/VRN

http://transfer.limtours.it/

Or contact your hotel and ask them if they provide a transfer service from the airport. More and more hotels seem to be offering this service - and often at competitive rates.

Norwich, United...
3. Re: Transfer from Verona Airport

Thank you both for you responses they have been really helpful and are much appreciated.

I think I will go for the train and then bus route from Desenzano then as it coincides with my flight times. Even though its a bit of extra hassle carrying a suitcase around each it looks like it will save us a fair bit which we can spend in restaurants etc instead!

London, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Transfer from Verona Airport

Hi was just wondering how you got on with the train and bus to gardone riveria?!! I am going there next week for a short break and trying to sort out the transfers! :) Thank you!

Norwich, United...
5. Re: Transfer from Verona Airport

Hi,

I am off tomorrow so don't know as of yet sorry!

6. Re: Transfer from Verona Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, February 25, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Gardone Riviera