We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fano or sengallia

Which Fano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
reviews: 5
fano or sengallia

Which is the prettiest or most interesting town to spend 4 days in . and which would be best to do day trips (?Urbino) from by public transport. and does any one know how much a taxi to Ancona airport is . Thanks M

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
1. Re: fano or sengallia

As a town, I prefer Senigallia, which has an attractive and lively center, which isn't dead in the winter. Fano is also a nice town, though.

It would be easier to get to Urbino from Fano, because there's a direct bus. From Senigallia, you'd have to take the train to Fano and switch to the bus, which leaves from in front of the train station.

I don't know the cost of a taxi to Ancona airport from either Senigallia or Fano, but it's a half hour drive from Senigallia, and at least twenty minutes more from Fano. I would suggest taking a train to Falconara, which is much nearer the airport, and getting a taxi from there.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
2. Re: fano or sengallia

I have a web album with photos of Senigallia, where I go fairly often to shop:

https:/…Senigallia

Sorry, I don't have one of Fano.

Montego Bay, Jamaica
reviews: 12
3. Re: fano or sengallia

When are you going and what are you going to do for four days there?

Auckland, New...
4. Re: fano or sengallia

Thanks for your replies. I have decided to stay in Fano for several days then go to Fabriano.. Does any one know if there is good public transport from Fano to Fabriano on a sunday.Thanks melanie

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
5. Re: fano or sengallia

You would take a train from Fano to Falconara Marittima, changing there to a train that stops in Fabriano. The trip takes about an hour and a half, and there are trains about once every two hours on a Sunday. You can see the schedules here:

http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html

Many of the trains on the route are regional trains, whose tickets can't be bought online more than a week in advance. In order to even see these trains, you have to use a date in the next seven days. Use this Sunday's date to see all of your options. There's no advantage to buying the tickets online, but the station might be closed on Sundays. I would suggest buying the tickets when you arrive in Fano, or at any other train station before you get to Fano.

Some of the trains between Falconara and Fabriano are Eurostar (ES) trains. ES trains have reserved seats, and, in theory, you can get a discounted (Mini fare) ticket for these trains. However, I wouldn't do so, because if the train from Fano arrives late, causing you to miss the connection, your Mini fare ticket can't be used on the next train. The Mini fare savings are usually small on this route, so I would get a Base fare ticket, which can be freely exchanged for a new ticket within an hour after the departure of the train, and maybe longer if the connection was missed through the fault of the railroad.

Auckland, New...
6. Re: fano or sengallia

thanks . This looks reasonably simple. Can now start booking hotels . !!

Some one suggested getting a hotel near the station, would this be within walking distance of the historic Centre of Fabriano. I will be spending 3 nights there so will have 2 full days plus hopefully the afternoon on arrival. I m thinking a day wandering around Fabriano and a day trip to Pioraco which you suggested and indeed it does looks lovely. Do i get the bus there? really appreciate your help. melanie

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
7. Re: fano or sengallia

You can walk into the center of Fabriano in about 15-20 minutes from the station.

I've looked at the schedules from Fabriano to Pioraco, and they seem to be designed more for people who need to go into Fabriano for the day and return to Pioraco in the evening. The buses leave from the piazza in front of the station, and the trip takes about an hour. You can also take a train to Castelraimondo and take a bus from there. Some of the itineraries you'll see are for the train/bus combination:

http://orari.trasporti.marche.it/prod2/

You have to put your point of departure (Partenza) as Località: Fabriano, and address (Indirizzo): Piazzale XX Settembre (which is at the train station). Then you have to click "Avanti" and and your point of arrival (Arrivo) as Località: Pioraco (no address necessary, as it's tiny).

To see the details of any of the solutions, click on the magnifying glass. Some of them show a change of bus, because some buses from Pioraco don't arrive very near the train station in Fabriano. However, the distance is pretty short, and, depending on where you hotel is, you may be able to walk from the first stop.

You would either have to leave Fabriano very early (5:52 train to Castelraimondo) or wait until 1:42 PM. On the way back, there are more choices.

Another good way to spend the day would be to go the Frasassi Caverns, and also walk around the village of San Vittore.

8. Re: fano or sengallia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, January 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fano