We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing Cortina and another resort?

Which Cortina d'Ampezzo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Regina
reviews: 20
Skiing Cortina and another resort?

Hi - We're going to ski Cortina (first time) for a few days and wondered if we should go to a second hill for a day or two. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a resort we can get to quickly and easily from Cortina (we'd like to keep our Cortina hotel the whole way through)? We've checked out dolomitisuperski.com and it looks like a few of the other resorts might be accessible, but we're not sure.

Thanks!

munich
reviews: 33
1. Re: Skiing Cortina and another resort?

When do you intend going. Have you got a car?? If so then no problem at all. For ease I would suggest San Cassiano (linked with Corvara). Easily reachable by car in less than an hour. If you wanted an easier link into the "Sella Ronda" then I would suggest Canazei (easy link to Selva-Wolkenstein).

I would suggest you plan for day trips from Cortina. Hoteliers are very reluctant to offer rooms for less than 3 or 4 nights booked in advance and generally only at low season. Peak season they will look for 5-6 minimum.

Even at last minute they are often reluctant to release a room for 1 night as they are always under the impression that an entire family are going to turn up on spec from Denmark wanting to book a week.

Public transport then you are out of luck. All public transport links to the "Sella Ronda" resorts is via Brunico & Dobbiaco in the north. Takes hours (e.g over 4hrs from Cortina to Selva about 3hrs to Corvara)

Regina
reviews: 20
2. Re: Skiing Cortina and another resort?

Thanks very much! I really appreciate the advice!

We're going in December, 15th-19th give or take. No car, but maybe we should consider one. We'd definitely like to ski somewhere else, but 3+ hours on a bus isn't appealing.

munich
reviews: 33
3. Re: Skiing Cortina and another resort?

When you consider it takes me just over 3hrs to drive to Selva/Wolkenstein it makes the public transport thing a bit ridiculous. We enjoy a pre-christmas ski trip every year (usually Ischgl in Austria always 3 days just before xmas week starts e.g. about 18-23 Dec) but the other year chose Selva - we had problems getting accommodation then.Many Hoteliers insisting on 4 night - managed to find one for 3 nights (really we only wanted 2) .

You may have more luck with a 1 nighter because you are a week earlier.

4. Re: Skiing Cortina and another resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, May 20, 2011