We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine en route to cruise ship terminal

Which Civitavecchia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 4
Wine en route to cruise ship terminal

Are there any wine shops en route from the train station to the cruise ship shuttle stop?

We want to purchase a bottle or two, but prefer not to have to buy them in Rome if possible.

Ocean City, MD
reviews: 7
1. Re: Wine en route to cruise ship terminal

tripadvisor.com/…39034785

Toronto
reviews: 4
2. Re: Wine en route to cruise ship terminal

I'm surprised that there is nothing enroute to the ship terminal from the train station. I though it was a 5 to 10 minute walk. I'm not looking for fancy wine. Is there no grocery store/convenience store on the way?

NY
reviews: 71
3. Re: Wine en route to cruise ship terminal

None of my business, but you may want to check the policy of your cruise to bring your own wine/alcohol on board - I won't get into questions of whether they actually go though your luggage, likely not, but if they see bottles or carriers some cruises might take it and return at the end of the cruise.

Miami, Florida
reviews: 99
4. Re: Wine en route to cruise ship terminal

obviously you want to make it your business. Most cruise ships allow two bottles of wine to be brought on board during embarkation and even look the other way for ports of call in Italy.

NY
reviews: 71
5. Re: Wine en route to cruise ship terminal

Sorry you object to my suggestion, which was really just a general one for others since you know the rules so well.

But others might still want to check their line's specific policies, such as Carnival. .

www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=30

"Bringing liquor onboard at embarkation: It's not allowed. All liquor and beer brought onboard will be confiscated and stored until the end of the voyage. The confiscated drinks will be available for collection from a designated onboard location at the end of the cruise. Unsealed liquors will be discarded without compensation.

Bringing wine or Champagne onboard: During embarkation only, passengers may bring one bottle of wine or champagne (750ml) onboard. Corkage fees are $10 in the dining room and $14 in the steakhouses."

That is not to say they always enforce the rules exactly, and any corkage fees may offset any savings.

And here is the rule for Costa

"Bringing wine or Champagne onboard: No drinks purchased on land can be brought aboard Costa Cruises. If found, your wine or Champagne will be held for you until the end of the cruise."

Edited: 9:38 pm, September 30, 2013
Galveston
reviews: 33
6. Re: Wine en route to cruise ship terminal

You still didn't answer the question. RCCL allows 2 bottles per cabin.

Would also like to know if ships are near the port.

No need to lecture as to what cruise lines allow what.

canada
reviews: 11
7. Re: Wine en route to cruise ship terminal

There was a grocery store in Civitavecchia that had oodles of wine and very reasonably priced too. It was not on the way to the cruise port though. Carrefour Express supermarket on Via Leopoli at Via Roma and a Todis supermarket two blocks south on Corso Centocelle. I think the one we went to was the Todis.

Bonita Springs...
reviews: 42
8. Re: Wine en route to cruise ship terminal

With regard to the purchase of wine from the train station to the cruise port allow me, please. If you are in a car or a taxi simply stop in one of the town's grocery stores to purchase your wine. I have been researching hotels in the town and all or most of the hotels imply that there are grocery stores nearby to purchase food and drink. I hope this helps you. Cheers

9. Re: Wine en route to cruise ship terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 28, 2014