We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting car in Chiusi, but dropping off at Rome Airport ?

Which Chiusi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Renting car in Chiusi, but dropping off at Rome Airport ?

I will be traveling from Rome to Siena.

I'm thinking of taking an Inter City train from Rome to Chiusi, renting a car in Chiusi and driving to Siena.

Then driving from Siena to the Rome airport (staying overnight near the airport).

Is this possible?

If so, where do I rent the car from (is there a place near the train station)?

South Australia
reviews: 2
1. Re: Renting car in Chiusi, but dropping off at Rome Airport ?

Hi,

Yes it is possible, and a great idea. The countryside from Chiusi via Montepulciano, Pienza Buonconvento and then up to Siena is superb.

There is a Hertz office straight across the road (30 footsteps!) from the Chiusi train station. I think on the internet the Hertz Office is down as

"Piazza Dante" (www.hertz.com)

Generally with Hertz you can nominate a different drop off than pick up, so when you do your internet search (or get your travel agent to) just put pick up as Chiusi (or Piazza Dante) and drop off as (Fiumicino).

I've recently been looking for somewhere nice to stay near the airport - if you come up with something special please let me know.

Buon viaggio!

Jules.

USA/CH
reviews: 4
2. Re: Renting car in Chiusi, but dropping off at Rome Airport ?

You can rent a car through AutoEurope (Hertz, Avis). Their pick-up location is right across from the train station. It's not a problem to pick-up in Chiusi and drop-off at FCO at all (we just did it two weeks ago). However, be very careful with your hotel selection in Fiumicino. I had forgotten how nasty the Roman cab drivers are and we tried to get a cab from FCO to Fiumicino (10 min.) at 10 p.m. Nobody wanted to take us, despite the fact that I am fluent in Italian (inc. swearing as they quickly discovered), that we had a 2.5 yr old with us and that I am extremely pregnant. The cabs wait an hour and a half to pick up a fare and just don't want to bother with a 10 min. drive. They finally suggested a communal "taxi" and charged all three parties 15 Euros each, which was armed robbery as far as I am concerned!!! It won't be a concern if your hotel offers a shuttle service and you need it while it's actually running, otherswise, I'd recommend the Hilton right on the airport premise.

3. Re: Renting car in Chiusi, but dropping off at Rome Airport ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 pm, August 20, 2006
Philadelphia
4. Re: Renting car in Chiusi, but dropping off at Rome Airport ?

Anyone know roughly (in hours or minutes) how long the drive is from Chiusi to Sienna?

Philadelphia
5. Re: Renting car in Chiusi, but dropping off at Rome Airport ?

Anyone know roughly (in hours or minutes) how long the drive is from Chiusi to Sienna?

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
reviews: 25
6. Re: Renting car in Chiusi, but dropping off at Rome Airport ?

CaesarP,

About an hour and a half.