We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Florence

Which Castellina In Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
reviews: 2
Travel to Florence

My husband is handicapped and we want to travel on a day trip from Castellina to Florence. We will be taking a motorized scooter with us. We have a car so we can drive to either a train station or bus station. What is the easiest way for us to go?

4 replies to this topic
Florence, Italy
1. Re: Travel to Florence

I doubt that the bus provides for carrying a motorized scooter. You have a better chance with the train, although I'm not so sure the local regional train is equipped to load a scooter on it either. The station, Castellina Scalo, is 12 km from town, about a 15 minute drive.

You might consider driving to Florence. It CAN be done!

Pennsylvania
reviews: 2
2. Re: Travel to Florence

Our scooter does come apart into several pieces which I load myself so loading the scooter should not be a problem. Can we go direct to Florence from Castellina Scalo or do we need to change trains? We did drive into Florence in the past and always got lost on our way out of the city so we would like to try another means of travel

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
3. Re: Travel to Florence

I'm having problems finding timetables for Castellina Scalo, but you could certainly travel directly to Florence from Poggibonsi station which is not much further away from Castellina-in-Chianti.

UK
reviews: 54
4. Re: Travel to Florence

Alternatively you could drive to Scandicci, on the outskirts of Florence, park for free at the Coop supermarket and get on a tram (Tramvia) at the Neni Torregalli stop which is right next to it. Trams run every 5-8 minutes and take just over 10 minutes to reach the centre.

http://tinyurl.com/ceho3y8

Reply to: Travel to Florence
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted