We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public trasportation from Siena to Castellina in Chianti

Which Castellina In Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chihuahua, México
reviews: 4
Public trasportation from Siena to Castellina in Chianti

Hi, i need help

There is some bus or train that trip of Siena to castellina in chianti, or is not recommended to cross chainti without car, there are a rent of motorcycles in Siena

(Hay algun autobús o tren que viaje de siena a castellina in chianti, o no se recomienda recorrer chainti sin auto, hay renta de motos en siena)

Tnaks

4 replies to this topic
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 49
1. Re: Public trasportation from Siena to Castellina in Chianti

www.trainspa.it/train04/extraurbano.pdf

Timetable 125. Make sure you get off at Castellina in Chianti not Castellina Scalo. Having said all that you really do need a car to explore this area and scooters are not a safe way to get around.

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Public trasportation from Siena to Castellina in Chianti

Hello, I need help to. I'm travelling from Rome to Castellina in Chianti and staying at the Mazzei estate, Fonterutoli for 3 nights.

How do we get there from rome? Can we take a bus from Rome to Siena and then another bus to the estate?

Any suggestions on how we can get around and explore the surroundings? Is renting a car a must?

Thanks!

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 49
3. Re: Public trasportation from Siena to Castellina in Chianti

You can certainly get a bus from Rome to Siena. There is a bus from Siena to Castellina which may be able to drop you near the estate (check with the estate about this), but you are going to need a car to get around that area anyway, there just isn't enough public transport.

Castellina in...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Public trasportation from Siena to Castellina in Chianti

You'll need a car. Fonterutoli is a fair hike from Castellina and even if you did that you'd see only Castellina.

Reply to: Public trasportation from Siena to Castellina in Chianti
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted