We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help

Which Castellina In Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wanaka
reviews: 1
Help

Can someone please help me / provide some advice after my horrible experience in Castellina?

I was in Castellina in 2009, and purchased a considerable amount of ceramics from a small store in the village called 'Pep Bizzarrie.' I paid a substantial amount of cash for the goods, which included shipping costs to New Zealand.

I have attempted to make contact with the store owners on numerous occasions, to no avail.

I am really disappointed, having had a good experience at the shop, that they have not delivered the goods, and will not respond to my attempts to contact them.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I feel as though I have been seriously taken advantage of, but being on the other side of the world, it is very difficult to make anything happen.

I still have the original document containing the purchase price, date, description of the goods etc.

Thanks, unhappy tourist.

15 replies to this topic
San Diego...
11. Re: Help

Yikes! In September 2013 we purchased 2 ceramic pieces which of course were to be shipped to our home. And like others - we repeatedly emailed Pep Bizzarrie and not one response. Our experience in the store was lovely and so we could not believe that we were "had." However, after finding these complaints on TripAdvisor, I am sad to come to the realization that we will probably never receive our goods.

Norton...
12. Re: Help

Hello - It sounds like you own a business in Castellina. We were visiting your beautiful little town in June and I ordered $230.00 worth of pottery from Pep Bizarrie. As of yet we have not received the pottery. I decided to check on trip advisor and could not believe the experiences that so many people have had. I am so disappointed because I thought the pottery really represented the Tuscan area and of course Castellina. Is there any other pottery shop that you know that will ship to the USA. I am heartbroken because this was my first and probably only trip to Castellina. It is too bad that they are causing a negative feeIing about Castellina. We met so many wonderful people in the local restaurants and the hotel. This shop does not represent the best of Castellina. I hope you can help me.

massachusetts
reviews: 1
13. Re: Help

Hello - It sounds like you own a business in Castellina. We were visiting your beautiful little town in June and I ordered $230.00 worth of pottery from Pep Bizarrie. As of yet we have not received the pottery. I decided to check on trip advisor and could not believe the experiences that so many people have had. I am so disappointed because I thought the pottery really represented the Tuscan area and of course Castellina. Is there any other pottery shop that you know that will ship to the USA. I am heartbroken because this was my first and probably only trip to Castellina. It is too bad that they are causing a negative feeIing about Castellina. We met so many wonderful people in the local restaurants and the hotel. This shop does not represent the best of Castellina. I hope you can help me

Norton...
14. Re: Help

Hello - It sounds like you own a business in Castellina. We were visiting your beautiful little town in June and I ordered $230.00 worth of pottery from Pep Bizarrie. As of yet we have not received the pottery. I decided to check on trip advisor and could not believe the experiences that so many people have had. I am so disappointed because I thought the pottery really represented the Tuscan area and of course Castellina. Is there any other pottery shop that you know that will ship to the USA. I am heartbroken because this was my first and probably only trip to Castellina. It is too bad that they are causing a negative feeIing about Castellina. We met so many wonderful people in the local restaurants and the hotel. This shop does not represent the best of Castellina. I hope you can help me

Beijing
reviews: 48
15. Re: Help

My two sisters-in-law and a friend are experiencing the exact same disappointment! None of their goods have been received in Australia to date, after ordering a lot of pottery in July on our whole family reunion and week's stay in Castellina! By reading this forum...odds are slim. However, I am heading back to Castellina in Chianti very soon (and now I have a distinct job to do)...when I front up at the shop with documentation (and some reinforcement) to demand their order...and I will bring it back personally, unless it miraculously TURNS up in the interim. Lucky that I get to travel with my work and able to duck back there. Very cowardly act!!!

Reply to: Help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted