We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help

Which Castellina In Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wanaka
reviews: 1
Help

Can someone please help me / provide some advice after my horrible experience in Castellina?

I was in Castellina in 2009, and purchased a considerable amount of ceramics from a small store in the village called 'Pep Bizzarrie.' I paid a substantial amount of cash for the goods, which included shipping costs to New Zealand.

I have attempted to make contact with the store owners on numerous occasions, to no avail.

I am really disappointed, having had a good experience at the shop, that they have not delivered the goods, and will not respond to my attempts to contact them.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I feel as though I have been seriously taken advantage of, but being on the other side of the world, it is very difficult to make anything happen.

I still have the original document containing the purchase price, date, description of the goods etc.

Thanks, unhappy tourist.

15 replies to this topic
Castellina in...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Help

Have you tried to phone them? If yes, what did they say? If not, give it a try. If they claim to have shipped the goods, ask for the relevant documentation to be sent to you.

Castellina In...
reviews: 15
2. Re: Help

Now that's worrying. We had some guests staying here a couple of years back with a similar experience. I even went into the shop and had a word with the owner, who initially told me the stuff had already been sent, and it was the customers fault if the package went missing as they weren't interested in paying more for 'insurance' When I made him check his records he then said the package hadn't yet been sent because they'd been closed for the winter, but it would be sent out in the next couple of weeks.

It never arrived. If this sounds similar to you then either a) you are that person (in which case hello Jan!) or b) this shop is getting a bit of an unwelcome reputation. In any case I stopped sending guests there to shop a long time ago as I found the owner very unhelpful.

Castellina in...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Help

The shop closed some time ago, if I remember correctly. Some months before he closed, the owner gave me the same run around when I asked him about the case above.

Castellina In...
reviews: 15
4. Re: Help

Err...no, the shops is open. It does shut over the winter for a month or so, so maybe that's what you saw?

Hang on, are we talking about a third case now? Anyone else had problems at Pep Bizzarrie?

Tags: Castellina in Chianti, pottery, ceramics

Bow, New Hampshire
reviews: 43
5. Re: Help

Yes, I have had a slightly different problem. We bought some beautiful ceramics in September. They were very helpful and wrapped everything so that we could bring them home in our suitcase. Everything was fine. A few months later, I dropped one of the pieces and chipped it. I decided to see if I could order a replacement. I have since sent e-mails but haven't received any answers. I also registered on their website but again received no answer. I have tried calling two phone numbers +39-0577-740738 and +39-0577-741494. The first number is invalid and the second number (which might be a Fax) does nothing. I really liked the shop and I am very disappointed.

North shore, Boston
reviews: 21
6. Re: Help

I have to say, I've had a very different experience with Pep Bizzarrie. We selected about 15 pieces of pottery and had it mailed to our home in Massachusetts. It arrived about 2 weeks later and everything was packed so incredibly well I didn't need to worry about breakage! It was actually packaged with such thoughtfulness I had to work at unpacking the items! The telephone & fax I have for them is the same as the first # above. I have their email is: info@pepbizzarrie.it. The website is www.pepbizzarrie.com

Good luck!

Somerville...
reviews: 3
7. Re: Help

We've also had similar trouble. In 2006, we ordered a four-piece set of dinnerware while in Castellina. When we were married in 2008, we decided we would like to add some pieces (a lot of pieces!!) and emailed with the shop to see if we could order 6 more sets in the same pattern along with some bowls and trays. We exchanged a few emails to provide specifics, and even got as far as faxing an order (and our credit card, eek) to the shop, but have never heard from them again despite MANY email attempts and phone calls (even made by a friend fluent in Italian). Their merchandise is beautiful and we would love to complete our set instead of purchasing something else here in the States.

Sorry I can't provide help, but perhaps someone else has some insights?

Los Angeles...
reviews: 1
8. Re: Help

Hello all - My husband and I ordered six pieces in 2006 and it all arrived safely and we've really been enjoying it! We googled the shop tonight, hoping to go back tomorrow on our Tuscan vacation... I think we're going to give it a shot despite the troubles others have had... Wish us luck!

All the best, Genna

Summerfield, Florida
reviews: 3
9. Re: Help

We placed an order with Pep Bizzarrie on July 5, 2012 while visiting the Tuscany region and were told that our pieces would ship out by the end of the month or after their holiday month of August - end of September and still no goods! The only upside is that we were not charged, but told that the charge would appear on our credit card statement after the items were shipped. The owners seemed so nice! Not sure why they do not follow up with their orders...their ceramics were beautiful and reasonable! I sent out an email today to inquire about our order and will let you know how the story ends.

Northern Virginia
reviews: 7
10. Re: Help

Buyer Beware: We're still empty-handed after making an order (on-site) during our visit in September 2012. I have zero confidence in this shop and now concerned that my sensitive personal and banking information required for the order may have been compromised.

Reply to: Help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted