We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

il palagio, panzano

Which Castellina In Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
il palagio, panzano

We are looking at this villa, has anyone stayed there?

17 replies to this topic
Philadelphia PA
reviews: 2
1. Re: il palagio, panzano

Yes!!! We just got back. Our family of 6 stayed there. Fabulous all around. Let me know if you have any specific questions. We stayed in La Torre.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 15
2. Re: il palagio, panzano

We stayed there in 2007 and liked it so much that we will return in 2011.

Monia is very helpful and the accommodations are first class. Very typical Tuscan villa, nice grounds, nice view of the countryside from the rear patio and surrounded by olive groves. You will not regret staying there. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Regards,

Bob

Alberta
reviews: 22
3. Re: il palagio, panzano

"Unprofessional and rude owner"

We have just spent a week or so trying to arrange accomodation with owner, Monia Piccini

After not hearing back on our original request, we sent email asking again for availability, rates etc

- her response was one of irritiation and told us to be patient (unlike all other inquiries sent to other similar properties)

We then did receive a response with 2 units being available with a detailed written explanation of the property, amenities, rates, services etc but only 4 basic pictures of each unit

-I asked for a few more pictures of the living area, sofas/chairs etc and kitchen and terrace so we could actually get a peek and feel for our accomodation to be sure (as would be normal to do)

Her response was that there are not any more pictures to send us, no written detail on my simple request and she in fact called me "rude and arrogant" and was appalled at such in regard to my request

-all other properties contacted were happy to send add'l pics and were quite happy of our interest...not here

I then sent an email saying without the pictures, we could not book at this timeand would advise her further if we decided to proceed

- she did not like this, took it personally and invited me to post whatever I wished on Trip Advisor....so I am

I suppose it is an utter privilege to stay at this place and people are to book blindly when travelling half way around the world...not us...no way

There is no way we would stay here at Il Palagio in Panzanno, even if it were the last option. There are scores of comparable places to stay in the Greve area and those others contacted have been gracious and appreciative unlike Ms Monia Piccini.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 15
4. Re: il palagio, panzano

I read your post by stueyman and obviously, every situation is different.

In our experience, we had great accommodations and Monia was most helpful in making arrangements for our return booking for 2011. We stayed there in 2007 and we booked it based on the photos on the internet and the brochure she sent to us. That was very sufficient for our needs. In our case, we never ask owners for added photos, even if half way around the world. We book lots of trips through RCI timeshare exchanges and those photos are not very detailed. We would have to say that this villa is probably one of the best in our many travels and a unique experience.

Philadelphia PA
5. Re: il palagio, panzano

I am sorry to hear of stueyman's experience, as our experience with Monia was completely different. As I posted above, we had a fantastic experience with Monia and Il Palagio. The brochure she provided describing the property and units was, for me, extremely comprehensive. I did request a photo of the kitchen in the unit we rented, which she very apologetically told me she did not have. I can assure you that every room in our unit was lovely. Monia is a gracious host, taking time to go over maps, noting points of interest and recommending restaurants. She is quite a busy woman, running Il Palagio, a B&B, a vineyard and an olive grove, as well as being a mom! She was always responsive to my emails within a reasonable amount of time. We would gladly return to Il Palagio in the future.

Montreal
reviews: 30
6. Re: il palagio, panzano

I'm always amazed of the way travels have changed...

Not so long ago, there was no internet. Most of the time, we didn't make any reservation and if we did, they were mostly based on reviews in travel books, magazines, travel section of the newspaper or places that we had heard of... never any photos... But we all survived this "horrible" period and we even made marvellous trip. ;-)

Travelling is not such an adventure anymore... Oh well...

San Diego...
7. Re: il palagio, panzano

I'm thinking of staying in La Torre next September, 2011

Were there three bedrooms? I only see two in the 'photo gallery'. And how were the baths?..no photos of those either. Did you have meals at Il Palagio, and how dud you like them? Was it a long drive out of the estate to go to Assisi and Orvieto?

Thanks!

Sally

Philadelphia PA
8. Re: il palagio, panzano

La Torre has three bedrooms. There are two on the main level of the unit and one in a loft on an upper floor (which does have a door). There are also three baths. One is adjacent to a bedroom on the main floor, one is across the hall from a bedroom on the main floor. The third bath is also on the main floor. At least when we stayed there, meals were not offered unless you cooked for yourself or hired a chef. We cooked many meals for ourselves and hired a chef through Monia for dinner one night. It was delicious! We enjoyed our stay a Il Palagio tremendously.

San Diego...
9. Re: il palagio, panzano

Can you tell me exactly where Il Palagio is located. The web site does not have the roads.

Thanks,

Sarah

10. Re: il palagio, panzano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:41 pm, February 06, 2011
Edited: 8:41 pm, February 06, 2011

Reply to: il palagio, panzano
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted