We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caserta - new developments at the Palace

Which Caserta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Isola d'Ischia...
reviews: 2
Caserta - new developments at the Palace

An unlikely pairing of sources I know, but these two articles may be of interest to anyone visiting Caserta in the near future...

oecumene.radiovaticana.org/en1/Articolo.asp…

english.ruvr.ru/2011/03/26/48012296.html

It's all part of a project backed by Trenitalia - who themselves of course have nothing about it in English...

www.fsnews.it/cms/v/index.jsp…

Nine newly-refurbished rooms and, on display in them, as part of the Italy's 150th birthday celebrations, some 250 works of art - as well as a first chance to get on the Palace roof...

Some video - in Italian, but you'll get an idea - and it's only a couple of minutes long....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV8oCioWako

Peter

Robina
reviews: 8
1. Re: Caserta - new developments at the Palace

Peter,

Thanks very much this posting, I have printed off the "english" details, looks like we are in luck with the refurbishment being completed and it will be mid spring.

Am going to check out the Ischia ferry times again early next week, would really like to do the trip from Sorrento to Naples to Forio, but will do it on the Monday, took your notice on Sundays, hope Da Ciccio is open on a Monday as well, as you said the buses are all fine.

Thanks again for all your help and this information on Caserta.

Cheers

Surfbeach

Isola d'Ischia...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Caserta - new developments at the Palace

Do feel free to give me a shout if anything turns out not to be clear!

When they have to do so, Ciccio's usually takes their weekly "Giorno di riposo" on Tuesdays, however once the season gets going there's a dispensation which lets the bars and restaurants skip that - so the Monday should be doubly OK!

You might even drop in on your way to the Castello, to check the times - and tell them you'll be back later?

Peter

Alaska
reviews: 113
3. Re: Caserta - new developments at the Palace

I loved Caserta and thought the Palace was awesome when I went. I wonder if these new developments will improve tourism to Caserta and thus inundate it, or if it will simply make the experience better for those few that do venture out to visit.

4. Re: Caserta - new developments at the Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 16, 2013