We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips from Bressanone

Which Bressanone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 3
Day Trips from Bressanone

Hi

I know day trip to val gardena is possible from Bressanone with public transport but I wanted to find out if any other parts of the Dolomites are possible for here? E.g. can we do a day trip to Tri Cime from Bressanone?

Anu other day trip possible to say Austria from here?

Thanks

A

San Lorenzo di...
1. Re: Day Trips from Bressanone

Sorry, Tre Cime is presently not possible since the road is closed during winter. However - and that's the good news - there are PRESENTLY no other roads closed, so it is possible to use all roads across the various passes in SOUTH TYROL - I am not too sure about the situation in Belluno or Veneto. From Bressanone it'll take you less than an hour to get into the Dolomites.

Have fun when you visit us.

Gerd

London
2. Re: Day Trips from Bressanone

Sorry I should have mentioned I was looking to visit in May/ June. IS Tri Cime possible from Bressanone with public transport?

San Lorenzo di...
3. Re: Day Trips from Bressanone

June should definitely be possible, I am not too sure exactly when the road will reopen (it'll depent on the snow obviously), you can check it on http://www.rifugioauronzo.it/ , just have a good look, just below "Comunicazione relativa alla strada di accesso alle Tre Cime " there is a single english-language anouncement. I am confident it'll reopen sometime mid May or so.

It is rather simple to get there by public transport provided you travel after the summer time-table has been put into force again since the best connection is via train to Toblach (that runs all year round every 30 minutes) and from there with the bus to Rifugio Auronzo - and that's when you need the summer time-table. It probably is operative early June, but you need to check this. Send me a mail later in spring, then I'll be able to tell you.

munich
reviews: 38
4. Re: Day Trips from Bressanone

The thing you must be most aware of in May/June (apart from the aforementioned bus timetables) is that in many "ski resorts" the lifts are closed.

Pretty much all the lift facilities in the Dolomites close at the end of the ski season (early April). The majority do not in fact reopen until well into June. Some not even until July.

Some places have lifts open late May but these are very much the exception rather than the rule.

You can use www.sii.bz.it to show local train and bus connections for the Süd Tirol area.

There is also a special public transport card which may help.

http://www.mobilcard.info/en/mobilcard.asp

If you are not already aware Süd Tirol was actually part of Austria until 1919. All the place names in the region have both Italian and "German" names (Bressanone is Brixen for example). You will see both names on the bus timetables for example - so as not to confuse you thinking they were 2 different places.

others

Ponte Gardena - Waidbruck

Dobbiaco - Toblach

San Candido -Innichen

In the Val Gardena region of Süd Tirol there is also the local dialect of "Ladin" and some of the SII/SAD bus timetables also have Ladin names (170 and 350 bus for example)

Just examples

Selva (di Val Gardena) - Wolkenstein (German) - Sëlva (ladin)

Ortisei - Sankt Ulrich - Urtijei

Bolzano - Bozen - Bulsan

Castelrotto - Kastelruth - Ciastel

London
5. Re: Day Trips from Bressanone

Thanks all

Would you know the bus number to take in the summer from Toblach train station and whether this will drop me in front of the Hut?

6. Re: Day Trips from Bressanone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, September 11, 2014