We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Arezzo to Lucignano

Which Arezzo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
reviews: 1
Transportation from Arezzo to Lucignano

I will be spending 5-6 days in Arezzo and I have found, from this forum, how to do most of my moving around. But for Lucignano I understand that I take the local train wich drops me off at Marciano-Pozzo wich is very far from the old center. How do I do this? Is there a bus? a taxi?

Also, to visit Monte S Savino wich is on the same line, is the train station far from the old town, as it is on a hill top. I very much want to see these places but have no car.

Thanks for the help

Montepulciano, Italy
reviews: 3
1. Re: Transportation from Arezzo to Lucignano

I've never visited either town by public transport but I know them both well. The railway station at Marciano-Pozzo is a long way from Lucignano, it must be several kilometres away. I hope someone else can comment more reliably on the buses, I would hazard a guess that there is one but whether it connects with the trains is another matter. There certainly won't be taxis outside the station, it's far too small. At Monte San Savino, the railway station is nearer, it's certainly walking distance to the old town (which is a marvellous place) but it's all uphill as you rightly suspect.

Athens, Greece
2. Re: Transportation from Arezzo to Lucignano

Thank you for your reply.

I hope someone will know the way to do this and will help out. If not, I'll try to call the tourist office. I would be disappointed to be so close and not be able to see them.

Montreal
3. Re: Transportation from Arezzo to Lucignano

Here's the *winter* schedule for buses Monte San Savino Stazione to Paese (village):

http://www.etruriamobilita.it/orari/LFS3.pdf

And there are buses from Monte San Savino Stazione to Lucignano (but I have no idea where the stops in Lucignano are):

http://www.etruriamobilita.it/orari/LFS9.pdf

Bear in mind that these buses serve primarily to get children to school and back and not to make tourist visits possible.

Athens, Greece
4. Re: Transportation from Arezzo to Lucignano

Thank you so much, Zerlina

Great info. I can spend one whole day and visit them both. And thank you for the warning. I will do it during the week as I know there are few if any buses on weekends. I appreciate your help.

Barb

5. Re: Transportation from Arezzo to Lucignano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 01, 2013