We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Pisa to Arezzo late at night

Which Arezzo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
reviews: 1
Travelling from Pisa to Arezzo late at night

Hi

I'm travelling to see a friend as a surprise and he lives in Arezzo. The nearest airport i can fly to is Pisa. I'm arriving quite late in the evening (9.10pm) and I am a bit concerned as to how I can get to Arezzo. I've looked at posts that deal with this topic and the route seems to be Pisa - Firenze - Arezzo. The timetable seems to stop at 9pm ish which I'm guessing is because the trains end. Is there an alternate travel option? I'm not scared of an adventure but I've never travelled by myself to a country where I don't speak the language, and I panic a bit. I like to be as well prepared as possible.

Any information or help given would be greatly appreciated. Is it better to perhaps stay the night in Pisa and travel in the morning?

Thanks in advance

Vicky

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 49
1. Re: Travelling from Pisa to Arezzo late at night

There are later trains - see trenitalia and break the journey down between Pisa and Florence then Florence to Arezzo. If you were travelling tonight, you could do it, but you'd have to wait for nearly an hour late at night at Florence and wouldn't arrive until nearly 3 in the morning. Surely it would be better to get a hotel for the night in Pisa and set off early the next morning? That is what I would do.

San Jose, California
2. Re: Travelling from Pisa to Arezzo late at night

The later solution shown on trenitalia is actually a bus from Firenze to Arezzo. It makes many stops and yes, does not get into Arezzo until after 3am. It would truly be a better idea to stay in Pisa for the night. Your other option would be if you wanted to consider renting a car. It is a little over 2 hours from Pisa to Arezzo. The driving is fairly easy as it is all straight autostrada. But still, your flight gets in late, it's dark, etc. I would stay the night personally.

3. Re: Travelling from Pisa to Arezzo late at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Arezzo