We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

artists to Tuscany

Which Arezzo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
reviews: 22
artists to Tuscany

I'm looking around at Tuscany villas for June 2013. I will have a group of 12-18 artists. I've been emailing like crazy to individual villas but would like some opinions of the agencies that deal with villa rentals. Can anyone recommend a good one?

San Jose, California
1. Re: artists to Tuscany

Nyartist1 - as I mentioned before, the company I sent you information on, will book all the villas for you. They arrange the transportation, etc. So you don't have to. Their specialty IS working with artists who wish to conduct workshops. Have you tried contacting them yet? An agency is only going to charge you an additional fee on top of the cost of the villa.

NYC
2. Re: artists to Tuscany

Yes, I contacted Giuseppe and am waiting for him to get back to me. I wanted to find more than just one lead to pursue. One of the main issues I've run into is this idea of non-refundable deposits. Having lost quite a bit in Portugal several years ago on a deposit that was non-refundable I will not do that again.

San Jose, California
3. Re: artists to Tuscany

Yes, I can understand that for sure!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
4. Re: artists to Tuscany

Unfortunately, you'll be hard put to find someone who will rent to such a large group without a deposit that will be forfeited partly or entirely if you cancel, depending on how far ahead you cancel. They would find it almost impossible to get a new group that size if you pulled out. without lots of warning. The best compromise is probably to pay the deposit and get trip insurance.

NYC
5. Re: artists to Tuscany

I'll look into whether or not trip insurance would cover something like that. Thanks for the idea - it's definitely worth looking into.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
6. Re: artists to Tuscany

I would think the group participants would probably want travel insurance to cover any losses they may incur if they need to cancel their trip. I assume the deposit will be coming from those artists - if so, I would think there must be a way that people can be sure their out of pocket expenses aren't lost if they or someone in their family gets sick.

NYC
7. Re: artists to Tuscany

actually the deposits come from me way before anyone signs up for one of my workshops. I organize these workshops all over, but mostly in France and mostly in hotels where they never ask for deposits. They ask for a certain percentage deposit but much much later in the game - maybe three months before the dates of the workshop. But by then I have a good idea whether or not a workshop will go.

8. Re: artists to Tuscany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, September 29, 2012
9. Re: artists to Tuscany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Arezzo