We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do for a long stay in Arezzo.

Which Arezzo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
Things to do for a long stay in Arezzo.

I am studying abroad in Arezzo for several weeks with a group of students, and we were wondering if there was anything to do before like 22:00. It is too hot to be outside for long but we don't know what is nearby to occupy our time. Transportation is only walking or public transportation (very limited). I doubt there are english movie threatres or bowling alles like back at home, but what do kids here do for entertainment. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

San Jose, California
1. Re: Things to do for a long stay in Arezzo.

Are you here now? Are you looking for cultural, or activities, or nightlife? If you are here now, the Giostra del Saracino is coming up this Saturday on June 23rd. Most activities will take place in the Piazza Grande but there will be stuff throughout the day with the main "Giostra" beginning at 9pm or so. You could train somewhere (i.e Florence or Cortona or further) for the day.

There is an indoor pool at the Arezzo Sports Center (7 Viale Gramsci) Tel: 0575 353 315

Nearby in Monte San Savino (you could take a bus) is the Crocodile Acqua Water park open during the summer months. June - August from 9:00 - 19:00. 7 days a week, including holidays. At Pantano (Monte San Savino), Marciano Della Chiana, Tel: 0575 845 176

What things specifically are you looking for?

Lexington, Kentucky
2. Re: Things to do for a long stay in Arezzo.

Thanks, the Giostra was my favorite part of my stay!!

We ended up mostly just walking around downdown (not between 2 and 6, though, everything is closed!). At night there was something at the Piazza San'Augostino every night! We did go to a movie once at the UCI Cinemas (http://www.ucicinemas.it/1580/index.php) which was about a 25 minute walk from downtown. Also, there is a bus that drops you off literally at the door of the Piscina Florida (a public pool), which was really nice in the summer Arezzo heat!

In case anyone needs suggestions in the future!

reviews: 2
3. Re: Things to do for a long stay in Arezzo.

We've just travelled over an hour to the crocodile water park. Disappointingly they said the weather was not good enough and they weren't going to open. It was above 30 degrees and sunny with a few clouds. Two sad children later we trundled off :( Avoid wasting your time

San Jose, California
4. Re: Things to do for a long stay in Arezzo.

Sorry to hear that your day was disappointing. There is another large water park/pool in Arezzo - they call it "The Sea of Arezzo":

Piscine Florida - Il Mare Di Arezzo

Via Buonconte da Montefeltro 153

52100 Arezzo (Arezzo, Italy)

Phone +39 0575 299354

Perth, Western...
reviews: 275
5. Re: Things to do for a long stay in Arezzo.

Catch the train to Castiglione del Lago or Passignano sul Trasimeno; jump on the ferry to walk on the Maggiore and Polvese islands.

6. Re: Things to do for a long stay in Arezzo.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 28, 2014