We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stop overs on way to Europe

Which Arezzo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bigsandkim@chartermi...
reviews: 4
stop overs on way to Europe

I am looking at flying to Florence from Detroit. My options are to fly through Amsterdam or Paris. I have never flown through either of these airports and am wondering which is easier to get through. Also, the connection is tight 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I could try to get a longer connection (the price may be higher). Any advice would be appreciated.

South Australia
reviews: 11
1. Re: stop overs on way to Europe

Have you checked www.delta.com flying into Pisa.

Train Pisa airport to Florence www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en,html

Bus Pisa airport to Florence www.terravision.eu

Hebden Bridge...
reviews: 26
2. Re: stop overs on way to Europe

Of your two options I would choose Amsterdam over Paris. Lots of people report problems with transferring at Charles de Gaulle.

Either way, book it as one ticket so your luggage will be checked through to Florence or Pisa. You will go through immigration at Amsterdam or Paris and customs in Italy.

and just curious, why did you post this in the Arezzzo forum? Do you want to go to Arezzo?

Edited: 8:55 am, May 23, 2012
San Jose, California
3. Re: stop overs on way to Europe

I second the Amsterdam over Paris. But look at all things: Time of departure, layover times, arrival times, cost, preferred carrier, etc. Are these convenient for you? I always fly in and out of Rome (coming from the West coast) simply because flight-wise, it is more convenient for me, despite the fact that I have to drive the 3 hours up to the Arezzo area.

4. Re: stop overs on way to Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Arezzo