We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arezzo To Bologna Airport

Which Arezzo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Arezzo To Bologna Airport

Hi All,

We're hoping to spend a few nights in the Arezzo area at the beginning of October 2012 with intentions of leaving early (in a rental car) for the Bologna airport on the day we leave. Is that reasonable? Our flight is at noon...it looks to be a two hour drive. Can anyone suggest a place from which it is easy to get to the airport? Maybe north of Arezzo?

Thanks!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
1. Re: Arezzo To Bologna Airport

You'll need to be at the airport two hours before the flight, a bit longer if it's direct to the US. I would also allow about an hour's leeway in case you run into an accident on the highway or something else that could delay your arrival. That would mean leaving Arezzo at 7 AM. The autostrada between Florence and Bologna is my least favorite stretch of highway in Italy. It has curves, hills, heavy truck traffic, and I swear the lanes are more narrow than on most autostrade. Driving it at rush hour with a flight I have to catch wouldn't be quite my cup of tea.

I'm not sure I understand your question though. Are you looking for a place to stay for those two nights that would be convenient for the trip to the airport? As far north of Arezzo as possible would be my suggestion. Maybe spend the two nights in Florence (turning the car on arrival) and take a day trip to Arezzo by train from there? It's only 37 minutes from Florence to Bologna by high-speed train, and there is an airport shuttle bus which leaves from the Bologna station.

http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html

Use a date in the next week to see full information about the trains to Arezzo.

San Jose, California
2. Re: Arezzo To Bologna Airport

I agree with bvlenci. That section of the autostrada between Florence and Bologna is horrendous and there has been quite a bit of construction going on in that stretch. I would either do as bvlenci suggests or stay in Arezzo but then head to Florence the day before your flight to spend the night and catch the high-speed train to Bologna.

If you are going to Arezzo to see the Piero Frescos and you have a car, I would suggest also going on further to Monterchi and Sansepolcro to see more of his works. This can be done as a day trip. Stop also in Anghiari.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
3. Re: Arezzo To Bologna Airport

Widening it and straightening it, I hope?

4. Re: Arezzo To Bologna Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:41 pm, June 21, 2013