We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Agrigento

Which Agrigento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 4
Staying in Agrigento

We will be in arriving in Agrigento (either by train or bus) after a day in Castelvetrano; we will have one day to savour the sights of Agrigento, and then a late-afternoon train or bus to Palermo.

There seems to be no lack of reasonably-priced hotels/B&Bs in Agrigento (we're after the small traditional type), but what is interesting is that the railway line, on the map, seems to cut the town quite in half. Which side -- north or south -- is the best to stay in if we need easy walking access to the best sights, the best places to eat, and to the bus station (in case the buses turn out to be better than the trains for the Castelvetrano-Agrigento-Palermo trip)? For those who know the town, which side would you prefer to sleep in? Thanks for all advice.

7 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
1. Re: Staying in Agrigento

Consider staying in the historic centre around via Atenea on the north side. B&B Terrazze di Montelusa is lovely, but also B&B Portatenea - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g194662-i1381-k6…

Vagabonda

Sydney
2. Re: Staying in Agrigento

Thanks, Vagabonda! That will surely be the area we'll be aiming for! Thanks also for your suggestions for B&Bs.. I'll check them out!

Edited: 3:38 am, December 21, 2013
Sydney
3. Re: Staying in Agrigento

Those two B$Bs look great, but they're a little above our budget... we'll splurge if we have to, but there seem to be a lot of slightly-cheaper establishments available which might help us to keep costs down. Vagabonda, do you -- or anyone else who's stayed in Agrigento recently -- have any other recommendations for a small B&B in (or near) the historic area? Thanks!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
4. Re: Staying in Agrigento

Prego AlanJ,

Then perhaps consider Camere a Sud or La Casa di El!

Vagabonda

Sydney
5. Re: Staying in Agrigento

Also great-looking B&Bs, and I do appreciate your efforts, Vagabonda. You obviously know the area. So here are two names I'd like to throw your way... I can get great deals on these, something like 25 euros less than the ones I've been looking at ... if you had to stay for a night at either Fiore Di Girgenti (cheapest) or at Hotel del Viale (5 euros more), which one would you choose? Thanks once again!

Sydney
6. Re: Staying in Agrigento

Also two more: Paladini di Sicilia and B&B Night and Day. These four have VERY attractive deals going right now!

Sydney
7. Re: Staying in Agrigento

Well, I "bit the bullet" here and decided to do the "big splurge": unable to decide whether to go for the best value (see the four above) or simply the best, I swallowed hard and went for the best. I wrote to Francesco at B&B Terrazze di Montelusa. Well, why not... the reviews on Tripadvisor are just amazing: every review I read gave it the maximum rating. I may arrive home broke, but I have a feeling we're going to long-remember our night in Agrigento! Thanks to everyone!

Reply to: Staying in Agrigento
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted