We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valley of the Temples Closing Time Question

Which Agrigento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 4
Valley of the Temples Closing Time Question

Hello,

We were hoping to visit Agrigento when the night illuminated tour hours were available but will miss out by just a couple of days as we will be arriving on September 17th. I was reading that the opening time during my visit are from 8:30 - 19:00 with the last admission half an hour prior to closing time.

I was wondering if we are able to stay and visit later than 19:00 as long as we are admitted half an hour prior? Or will we be made to leave right at 19:00? I am trying to understand how late we are able to stay and visit the temples if we arrive before the ticket office closing time. We arrive around 1pm that afternoon and would like to visit the museum during the heat of the day and then tour the temples later when it is cooler.

Thank-you,

Rose

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
1. Re: Valley of the Temples Closing Time Question

Hi Rose,

Unfortunately the park would close at 19.00 and you would not be able to stay.

Vagabonda

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 4
2. Re: Valley of the Temples Closing Time Question

Hi Vagabonda,

Thanks for the information. We arrive by bus from Trapani at 12:40 and once checked into our B&B will catch a bus right away to the visit the museum first and then walk across and tour the temples until 19:00. I know it's not ideal, but I figure we will have about 5 hours so we will make the best of our time as possible. I don't want to give up going to the museum so I'm thinking about splitting the time with 1- 1 1/2 hours for the museum and 3 1/2 for the temples?

I've read that you've recommended the Il Re di Girgenti restaurant in the past and if it's still one of your top recommendations for Agrigento I will look into making reservations for dinner and get our illuminated temples view in that way...

Thank you again,

Rose

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
3. Re: Valley of the Temples Closing Time Question

That's a very viable plan Rose that would accomplish all your goals for a feel of the Valley of the Temples - Enjoy!

Vagabonda

4. Re: Valley of the Temples Closing Time Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, September 12, 2014