We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

agrigento restaruants

Which Agrigento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
reviews: 53
agrigento restaruants

hello again I hope everyone is fine today.

any suggestions for a place to eat lunch or dinner close by the valle of Temples. Not very good reviews of our hotel restaurant -- price service etc. I think we would like to eat near the water close by to Temples. My sister told me that there are many seafood places to choose from. She was not too impressed with the place that her tour group took her to. She said it was ok, but a lot of others to choose from. We always love to look out at water with dinner or a drink. It will be a nice treat after looking at temples all day.

Thanks

daisyCalifornia

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
1. Re: agrigento restaruants

Grazie daisyCalifornia – And you?

Avoid Kokalos – It’s a tourist trap with poor quality!

Casual and very (very) local at San Leone (Agrigento’s lido), Trattoria Caico and Oceano Mare (only seasonal) are where locals frequent.

Trattoria Caico:

http://www.trattoriacaico.com/

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g675638-d157…

Oceano Mare (il tam tam di prosperi giancarlo & c. s.a.s.)

via delle Dune

tel: 0922 413168

Regards,

Vagabonda

california
reviews: 53
2. Re: agrigento restaruants

Grazie for the information.

Are there any waterfront places to eat?

I checked out Satilite Google and could not find any.

Thanks

daisyCalifornia

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
3. Re: agrigento restaruants

Oceano Mare is waterfront - San Leone is waterfront (views).

Vagabonda

St Paul, MN
reviews: 6
4. Re: agrigento restaruants

The valley of the Temples had a good cafeteria inside the park itself. If you are eating lunch, I am not sure that this place is like Pompeii that if you leave you can re-enter without paying again. Besides it would be a big walk to leave and enter again. the cafeteria was not bad and had hot and cold food. I would have to look at a map, but based on the my pictures that I was looking at last night, it must be near the Temple of Giove.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
5. Re: agrigento restaruants

The cafeteria at the Valley of the Temples is located near the Museo Archeologico.

planetware.com/map/agrigento-map-i-agri_n.htm

frommers.com/images/destinations/maps/jpg-20…

You can exit and re-enter because Il Giardino della Kolymbetra and the Tempio di Vulcano are located on the other side of the road.

The first section from the Tempio di Giunone past the Tempio della Concordia is only 1 km – It’s a relatively flat walk.

Admission fees from June 1, 2010:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k3524…

Vagabonda

United States
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Lucca
reviews: 13
6. Re: agrigento restaruants

I ate at Trattoria Caico when I was there in April. It is a fish lovers restaurant. If you don't eat fish, you will be unhappy. The water view would only be possible (?) if you sit outside on the far edge of the patio, which wasn't open when I was there. It is across from the water and all the car traffic passes right by the restaurant.

TAB

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
7. Re: agrigento restaruants

Most of the restaurants and trattorie near the coast will specialize in fish dishes.

Trattoria Caico has outside dining in front, but especially on the terrace to the left if your are facing the trattoria, but it’s not directly on the sea if that’s what you mean. There’s a road between restaurants and the sea in San Leone.

Try Oceano Mare!

Vagabonda

St Paul, MN
reviews: 6
8. Re: agrigento restaruants

Now that I am home, I got out my map. There are 2 cafeterias. One is by the Museum which we didn't get to see since it closed at 1 pm. The other one is between the Temple of Juno and the Temple of Concord. We must have gone back to it after we went to the Temple of Jove.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
9. Re: agrigento restaruants

Just past Concordia, you would also find Information, a bookshop and a biglietteria and the cafeteria-bar for 80 people.

www.consorzioarcadia.it/index.php…

Vagabonda

10. Re: agrigento restaruants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 31, 2010