We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anascul Pottery!

Marietta, GA
Anascul Pottery!

If you find yourself on the Dingle peninsula you must go to Anascul and visit Zack, Marie et al and shop at Anascul Pottery. Zack is a craftsman of the first degree and his work is outstanding. One of the nicest and friendliest gentlemen I met in Ireland. You won't regret the visit! All pottery is made right there in his shop. A must see and experience. Thanks.

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
reviews: 44
1. Re: Anascul Pottery!

Hi Melmer and welcome to TA. Hoping you can tell us more about your visit. Perhaps you can write a trip report and post in the one of the forums, perhaps a review or two about where you stayed or some of the attractions you went to visit.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
reviews: 41
2. Re: Anascul Pottery!

Well, I'm all for supporting small local businesses but this is just advertising.

And it's Anascaul, not Anascul.

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
reviews: 44
3. Re: Anascul Pottery!

I was suspicious too Clauds but when I noticed the spelling I assumed it could not have been by the owner and so wanted to nudge the new member into contributing more than just props to one business.

Marietta, GA
4. Re: Anascul Pottery!

Okay okay, so I misspelled the name. Sorry! Everything I told you is true. My wife and I were in Ireland last October and Zack's pottery place was already hurting from the recession that was on the horizon even then. His stuff is not cheap. And I'm not a pottery expert, but I really liked his pottery and we bought a couple of pieces from his shop. And he was a consummate gentleman with a great Irish sense of humor who was trying with all his might to keep his family's shop afloat. So, if you are in Anascaul give him a visit. You won't be disappointed.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney, Berny Riviere
reviews: 37
5. Re: Anascul Pottery!

Melmer,

This is a travel forum, not a promotional forum and as such what you are doing is promoting Anascaul Pottery.

What you have posted has only promoted the commercial establishment in question. It hasn't really helped other travellers, which is what TA is about.

The blue box on your right as you posts clearly states "No advertising or solicitation of any kind".

Canada
6. Re: Anascul Pottery!

How is this considered advertising anymore than recommending a B&B, restaurant, hotel, pub, etc.?

Some vacationers enjoy tips on shopping highlights and recommendations on great specialty shops.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
reviews: 232
7. Re: Anascul Pottery!

Apart from that pottery shop (which I don't remember seeing in Anascaul) there are three fascinating little hidden gems for me there and two are connected.

The South Pole Inn right in the village is worth visiting just for the beautiful black and white photos displayed on the walls. They are photos of Tom Creans amazing Antartic adventures in the early 1900's. Tom Crean was the original owner of the South Pole Inn. A fascinating Irish hero who only really came into the limelight within the last 10 years with the publication of 'An Unsung Her0' by Michael Smith.

Then just across the road, a lifesize bronze statue to Tom (with puppies) in a tiny park dedicated to his memory.

The other hidden gem near Anascaul is Anascaul Lake (Lough Anascaul). This is worth a trip just to walk a little on the track past the lake taking photos backwards over the valley. Stunning on a clear day. Here’s a pic:

tripadvisor.com/…17792967

8. Re: Anascul Pottery!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, October 24, 2009