We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me choosing 2 towns.

Which Muscat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Luxembourg
reviews: 14
Please help me choosing 2 towns.

I plan to travel one week in the area and I would like to visit two towns among the following: Kuwait, Doha, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Muscat.

I am not interest in shopping or in swimming. I'd like to see people, local markets, culture, architecture...

Could you help me choosing 2 destinations?

Thanks everybody in advance!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
reviews: 16
1. Re: Please help me choosing 2 towns.

If you're looking for a "town," you might want to rethink those options.

But to answer the question: Muscat.

Luxembourg
reviews: 14
2. Re: Please help me choosing 2 towns.

Thank you, greasy, for suggesting Muscat.

I'm not sure I understand why I should rethink my options. Do you mean that, apart Muscat, there is an interesting "outback" to visit in Oman? If that's what you mean, I'm afraid I'm not fit for excursions. But I'm open to the idea to visit other towns either than Muscat, if that gives me the chance to better observe local culture and way of living.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
reviews: 16
3. Re: Please help me choosing 2 towns.

I simply mean that they're all legit cities. I hope you are interested in Land Cruisers and highways as "local culture!"

I've been to all but Kuwait, and they're all great places. Each offers something different. Oman/Muscat tends to be the destination for people who want something a bit quieter, but you're going to find the same Gulf culture in them all.

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
reviews: 18
4. Re: Please help me choosing 2 towns.

If you would like to visit two places, then I suggest Muscat and Dubai. They are close to each other and should present different views about how "culture" is evolving in this part of the world.

5. Re: Please help me choosing 2 towns.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, May 04, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Muscat