We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abaco Ain't For Sissies...But We Went Anyway (Part 1)

NYC
reviews: 2
Abaco Ain't For Sissies...But We Went Anyway (Part 1)

We grounded out boat. We docked it sideways. We wrapped the anchor line around the propeller. We fought off crabs and spiders and crab spiders. We showered using only the power of humidity. We hitched rides with strangers.

Which is why the alternate title for this trip report is, "What Doesn't Kill You...Comes Pretty Close." :)

Tracey

http://traceyg.travellerspoint.com/42/

Edited: 3:05 pm, July 18, 2013
Jackson, Mississippi
reviews: 10
11. Re: Abaco Ain't For Sissies...But We Went Anyway (Part 1)

Funniest trip report ever! Can't wait to read Part II....Off I go.......

Nassau, New...
12. Re: Abaco Ain't For Sissies...But We Went Anyway (Part 1)

Tracey writes the best TRs - glad to see it come back up :)

NYC
13. Re: Abaco Ain't For Sissies...But We Went Anyway (Part 1)

Wow, I can't believe this thread is still going! Thank you for reading! :)

We're heading to the BVIs in late December and although I am desperately hoping it's not as, um, exciting as the Abacos were, I'm sure I'll still find plenty to write about . . . and cheeseburgers to scarf down. :)

Mobile, Alabama
reviews: 15
14. Re: Abaco Ain't For Sissies...But We Went Anyway (Part 1)

Tracey- where are you traveling to and staying in the BVI's? We are headed back there in late April so I am still gathering info.

Tallahassee, Florida
15. Re: Abaco Ain't For Sissies...But We Went Anyway (Part 1)

Well, I am SOooo glad this report is "still going" - I just discovered it this morning! By far, the Best and certainly the most entertaining TR ever! In fact, I spent the entire day reading & reading & reading your blog! Great job!

NYC
16. Re: Abaco Ain't For Sissies...But We Went Anyway (Part 1)

Ann, we're staying at a small villa on Tortola. We're planning day trips to JVD, VG, and possibly Anegada or Cooper Island if the day sail I'm trying to book does not pan out. (And no, WE are not operating any of these boats!). We last visited the BVI about 6-7 years ago, so we're very excited to revisit some old favorites. Have you been before?

Sharon, I'm so glad you liked the blog. Hopefully you had the day off from work! ;)

Tallahassee, Florida
17. Re: Abaco Ain't For Sissies...But We Went Anyway (Part 1)

HA! Yep - a day off ~~ BTW: Ben & I got married in Tortolla - 23 years ago! Jeesh...time flies, no?

Also, lived in Anna Maria before then....just loved your Longboat Key report as Moore's and the other places you visited were my old stomping grounds! ...Key West as well!

I know you'll have another fantastic time and trip report for your upcoming travels to the BVI!

Mobile, Alabama
reviews: 15
18. Re: Abaco Ain't For Sissies...But We Went Anyway (Part 1)

Yes, have stayed on Anegada and Virgin Gorda- just overnighted on Tortola at Maria's to catch an early ferry to Anegada, This time we are spending 2 nights at Sandcastle on Jost then renting a house for week on Tortola (Limeberry). We are really looking forward to it- since you are going before us, please post about your travels and any tips! Have a great time! A

NYC
19. Re: Abaco Ain't For Sissies...But We Went Anyway (Part 1)

Sharon...so jealous that you lived on Anna Maria! What a sweet, cute place. And its proximity to Moore's ... sigh. :)

Also jealous of you, Ann -- I'm dying to escape to Sandcastle for an extended visit one of these days!! That beach is amazing, and they make those cheeseburgers out on the grill...!! :)

We'll be gone 10 days, so it'll be a nice, long trip report. Coming in January!

Stafford Springs
reviews: 51
20. Re: Abaco Ain't For Sissies...But We Went Anyway (Part 1)

Loved your trip report and photos - hilarious and wonderful!