We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scotland in June

Which Stirling hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Scotland in June

Is it necessary to book ahead for accommodation outside Edinburgh? We are driving through Loch Lomond area, Fort William, Inverness, Kenmore, Glen Lyon....

We would like the freedom to not book and stay longer in a place we like but are concerned that we might not find a hotel etc at short notice at this time of year.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
reviews: 18
1. Re: Scotland in June

Depends. When in June? Schools break up at the end of June but the last few days are a popular time for locals heading off on holiday.

Weekends will be trickier - especially in a small place if there's a highland games or a wedding on.

How many of you?

A couple or a big family needing 3 rooms?

How fussy are you? Will you accept anything that's left or are you particular?

Sydney, Australia
2. Re: Scotland in June

actually 3 couples. no not fussy. middle of June. weekend involved is Sat 15.Sun16 June, plus following week.

england
reviews: 8
3. Re: Scotland in June

with three couples I would definitely book ahead or you may find yourselves in different hotels, for just one room you could wing it, but not three in the same place.

Grantown-on-Spey...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
reviews: 116
4. Re: Scotland in June

I know this limits you to making plans but I personally prefer to know I have somewhere for the night, especially if you have had a full day and arrive later in the place you end up stopping for the night. I can think of nothing worse when I am feeling tired and just want to relax than traipsing from place to place looking for somewhere decent to stay then having to take somewhere I wouldn't have chosen simply because its the only option - but then that's just me!!

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
reviews: 18
5. Re: Scotland in June

For 6 of you, get booking as soon as you know your plans

Scotland
reviews: 6
6. Re: Scotland in June

I work for the tourist board in Scotland and would DEFINATLEY advise booking ahead, the amount of travellers who turn up looking for accommodation, who end up dissappointed as they have to take whats left and sometimes where they end up is no where near where they originally wanted. Some b&b's are particularly small and may only have 2 or 3 rooms so if there are 6 of you get booking on Visit Scotland's accommodation website to avoid dissappointment.

I would advise booking at least 1 night in each destination if you want some flexibility, that way your b&b will be happy to offer you additional nights if they are not full or advise you of other b&b's in the area that have vacancies.

7. Re: Scotland in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 28, 2014