We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TT 2015 First Timers

Which Isle of Man hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guernsey
reviews: 1
TT 2015 First Timers

Can anybody help, hubbie and I will be attending our first TT in 2015. Very excited, ferry booked but not so lucky with accommodation.

We will be staying from 2nd to 10th so as it's 8 nights I'd rather not camp and would like to be in Douglas, are my expectations to high??? Is it going to be possible to find a nice guest house?? Any constructive advice appreciated xx

thanks in advance

23 replies to this topic
Port St. Mary...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
reviews: 1
1. Re: TT 2015 First Timers

Hi,

Unless you have already done so, suggest you check with Regency Travel, who is the official travel partner for the Isle of Man TT, website www.iomttbreaks.com.

Another place to have a look is www.iomtt.com, the forum has a accommodation section.

Many of the hotels and guest houses prefers 2 week booking, at this early stage anyway, and many are already full with repeat visitors. Home stay is also an option for you, the accommodation is checked out and approved by the tourist board.

Hope this is of some help.

york
Destination Expert
for York
reviews: 31
2. Re: TT 2015 First Timers

We went a couple of years ago, I had no luck with a guest house or hotel. in the end we did home stay and it was lovely. but I think you need to start looking now, I.know lots of places were already full

Cardiff, United...
3. Re: TT 2015 First Timers

Hello, we're looking at going next year for our first time too, I'm having trouble trying to get an idea of costs for the ferry though, does anyone know roughly how much it was for 2014 so i can base it on that?

Carrickfergus...
reviews: 19
4. Re: TT 2015 First Timers

http://www.steam-packet.com/

Check out IOM Steam Packet for ferries. Increased capacity for next year. Sorry cant be more specific with prices as I travel from Belfast/Larne

york
Destination Expert
for York
reviews: 31
5. Re: TT 2015 First Timers

I would give the steam packet a ring, they've always been very helpful when I've phoned them. I booked our ferries a year in advance and didn't get the ones I wanted, so if you haven't booked you need to get on it sharpish. getting to the island is never cheap. I think last time we went it was almost £300 for bike, rider and pillion.

Edited: 1:32 pm, August 04, 2014
Kildare, Ireland
6. Re: TT 2015 First Timers

I hope you find accomadation, we went this year, our first time also and had a fantastic time, have you tried looking up the "Homestay" sites, keep trying just looking up rental accom also and maybe you'll be lucky, Castletown and Laxey are not too far outside Douglas and the public transport is very good if you have to stay outside Douglas....best of luck :)

Auckland Region...
7. Re: TT 2015 First Timers

Hi there,

Did you manage to find anywhere?! Its my first time coming too, I managed to get some accommodation at the Empress in Douglas, have you tried there?

I know this is slightly off topic, but does anyone know where the best place is to watch the TT? Is it in one of the grandstands or just finding a roadside position?

Thanks!

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 5
8. Re: TT 2015 First Timers

I'm not a fan of Grandstands personally. Go find your own roadside spot and watch for free. To answer one of the original questions; Ferry ticket price for bike & rider 2014 was £238. 2015 price unknown, but budget for £250. Pillion, or foot passenger, or extra person in a car price is about £100.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 34
9. Re: TT 2015 First Timers

I have booked the ferry and it is £50 one way one person.

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 5
10. Re: TT 2015 First Timers

Exactly. My invoice came though just this morning. It works out at £240 return for bike & rider, and £98 return for pillion passenger or pedestrian.

HEYSHAM to DOUGLAS DOUGLAS to LIVERPOOL

Fri 5-JUN-15 11:45am Arr 13:45pm Sat 13-JUN-15 15:00pm Arr 17:45pm

MANANNAN MANANNAN

CheckIn By * 5-JUN-15 09:45am CheckIn Closes * 13-JUN-15 13:00pm

25 MOTOR CYCL 25 MOTOR CYCL

30 Adults 30 Adults

STANDARD FARE

Vehicle Inc 25 Adult 6000.00 FARE TOTAL 6490.00ST

Adult 490.00 BOOKING VALUE 6490.00ST

Reply to: TT 2015 First Timers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Man