We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which is nicer, paignton or torquay?

Which Paignton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
which is nicer, paignton or torquay?

Staying for a few days, which is best for family of 4, with 12 and 17yr old

37 replies to this topic
Bristol, United...
reviews: 6
31. Re: which is nicer, paignton or torquay?

Defiantly Torquay, try TLH leisure resort the kids will love it!! : )

Leicester, United...
reviews: 160
32. Re: which is nicer, paignton or torquay?

After several years staying in Paignton enjoying the beach we stayed at TLH and my two children loved it. Such a lot to do pool, tennis, entertainment, brilliant place. A lot more expensive than the guest house we always used but then we were paying for all those facilities on site.

devon uk
reviews: 17
33. Re: which is nicer, paignton or torquay?

Hi Teabag, I live in a little village between Torquay and Paignton so am fairly impartial. If you are a young couple, it may be better for you to stay in Torquay as there's plenty to do and see and has that "Riviera" feel along the seafront. If you have a young family, however, I'd go for Paignton as it has more of a traditional family seaside atmosphere. Street View does not give an accurate feel as it is quite clean and has lovely open spaces. The beaches are more family friendly in Paignton, has a brilliant play park on the seafront, Cinema, crazy golf and Pier all grouped together.

ESSEX
reviews: 23
34. Re: which is nicer, paignton or torquay?

Hummmmmmm???

Good question.

Which is nicer - beef or pork!

Edited: 12:08 pm, August 22, 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
reviews: 9
35. Re: which is nicer, paignton or torquay?

Paignton and Goodrington Sands without a doubt, Torquay is Fab too though. Recommend Goodrington Sands there is a water slide park on the beach, and the sea is shallow ideal for paddling. The steam train passes over the beach regularly which gives it a really special atmosphere with the pretty little beach huts lining the promenade. Museums and things are at Torquay plus wheel London eye type thing and pretty harbour lit up at night :-)

Manchester, United...
reviews: 92
36. Re: which is nicer, paignton or torquay?

Hi

as i have only visited so far Torquay,which i like very much i cant be any help here until i visit paignton,later this month.

Exeter, UK
reviews: 25
37. Re: which is nicer, paignton or torquay?

Dear Tonybullo, this tread is two years old with last post a year ago. We've moved on.......

Reply to: which is nicer, paignton or torquay?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted