We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The World of Beatrix Potter

Which Bowness-on-Windermere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 114
The World of Beatrix Potter

Is this worth a visit? We are already planning a trip to Hill Top, so would we be missing anything by not going to the World or Beatrix Potter? We are 4 adults, so if it's aimed mostly at kids maybe we should give it a miss?

Thanks for the advice :)

Cheshire
1. Re: The World of Beatrix Potter

Ithink if you are visiting Hill Top and are returning via the ferry to Bowness then yes most definitely.

My niece and I visited the attraction last week - this was one of her 'must do's' for the summer holidays - our fourth visit! My niece is 13 and absolutely loves it. The attraction has recently had a big over haul and it shows. They attempt to attract people of all ages and when we visited the adults were out weighing the children even though it was holiday time.

I hope you do manage to fit it into your trip - I think you'll be pleasantly suprised.

A word of warning about Hill Top - get there early. We also visited there (AGAIN!!) last week ansd tickets for the day had been sold by 1pm - very busy.

Have a lovely time.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 114
2. Re: The World of Beatrix Potter

We aren't staying in Bowness, so we are just driving to Hill Top directly before we head home. We are planning on getting there before it opens to make sure we can get in early!

USA
reviews: 1
3. Re: The World of Beatrix Potter

We (all adults) had a lunch and a tour at the World of Beatrix Potter, the only Beatrix Potter themed attraction in Europe. It was quaint, and a perfect stop for kids, although we all enjoyed it, too. We had a traditional Cumbrian lunch in the Tea Garden, perfect for a ladies lunch.

4. Re: The World of Beatrix Potter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, October 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bowness-on-Windermere