We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantic Surf Pods

Which Bude hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
reviews: 2
Atlantic Surf Pods

Stopping at Atlantic Surf Pods beginning of February (we must be mad!!!) Anyone stopped here before? Will it be warm enough? will we be frozen solid!!!??? Any info welcome :-)

uk
reviews: 1
31. Re: Atlantic Surf Pods

It's not just one first time poster though, is it? I'm not going to argue, but I reserve the right to retain my scepticism, if that's ok.

London, United...
reviews: 25
32. Re: Atlantic Surf Pods

No it is not just one first time poster.

Neither is the forum the correct place to leave a review.

I too will remain sceptical.

Lichfield
Destination Expert
for St Ives
reviews: 74
33. Re: Atlantic Surf Pods

You have the right to remain sceptical, of course, however, what it achieves by posting this I am not sure. Everyone is perfectly capable of judging comments and reviews as to whether they are genuine or not. I accept that some business owners resort to dodgy practices but, as Annabelle says, there is nothing wrong with an owner suggesting that a customer posts a review as long as they don't try to influence the content of that review. As I said in my previous posts, the comments mention both good points and bad points. If they were all glowing then I would possibly think they might be a bit dodgy.

Also, Annabelle pointed out that one of the posters had posted a review on something previously. Everyone has to start somewhere and I do think that your negative comments put new people off posting things if those things are going to be considered as suspicious. If I stayed somewhere or ate out somewhere and the business owner asked me to post a good review for them on TripAdvisor I would probably say to them that I don't use it. Presumably other people can come up with reasons not to do so as well. Even though TripAdvisor is pretty competitive from the point of view of businesses getting to the top of the ratings to get more custom, I have never been asked by any business owner to post a review on TripAdvisor for them. The most I have ever seen, wandering around, is a TripAdvisor sticker in the windows of some businesses. To be fair, why would a business owner do this? How do they know which people use TripAdvisor? It all seems a rather farfetched assumption to me.

From my point of view, reading honest comments and reviews on TripAdvisor has helped me weed out the great places from the poor places. It is not nice to spend hard-earned cash on a bad meal or poor accommodation. I feel that there's nothing worse than trying to contribute to a forum and having your comments construed as dishonest. You end up feeling like you have just wasted your time. I speak from experience on that last point. I post honest reviews of where I have been and have had the same treatment in the past and it is not nice so I do hope you will bear this in mind.

Suzi

uk
reviews: 1
34. Re: Atlantic Surf Pods

My comments aren't negative, nor am I the only person to query the veracity of the other responses on this thread. But it doesn't matter, although it's strange that you can disregard my opinion while claiming your right to your own.

For the record, I love Cornwall, and will be back with my tent next month.

35. Re: Atlantic Surf Pods

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:04 pm, June 14, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Bude