We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grantown-On-Spey Highland Games 2012

Which Grantown-on-Spey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Merthyr Tydfil
reviews: 319
Grantown-On-Spey Highland Games 2012

Hello, my husband and I hope to visit the Grantown-On-Spey Highland games this year which I believe is on Sunday 26th August 2012. Can anybody who lives local confirm it is still on and how big it is. I can find no information on the internet which makes me think it is very small. I need to hire a car if we are going so need to know this information as soon as possible. we will be driving from Inverness and leaving games about 3.00 pm to make our flight home. Thanks for any information.

4 replies to this topic
Grantown-on-Spey...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
reviews: 113
1. Re: Grantown-On-Spey Highland Games 2012

The Highland Games in Grantown (where I live) is related in size to the size of the town whose population is about 2.500 but usually a great day out with all the traditional events, pipe band etc. It would take you about 35 - 40 minutes to drive to Grantown from Inverness coming down the A9 and leaving the A9 at Carrbridge and following the signs to Grantown. There is parking close by in a field and hopefully the weather will be dry as muddy parking areas can cause a wee bit of a problem.

The Games start at 10.00 and are held in Heathfield Park at the edge of town near the Golf course. It will not be more than £10 pp to get in...

What else do you need to know?

welcometoscotland.com/things-to-do/events/av…

Regards

Woody x

Edited: 5:31 pm, July 24, 2012
Merthyr Tydfil
2. Re: Grantown-On-Spey Highland Games 2012

Thanks for replying Woody just really wanted confirmation that the event is definately on Sunday 26th August because we are hiring a car just to drive down for this event.

Grantown-on-Spey...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
reviews: 113
3. Re: Grantown-On-Spey Highland Games 2012

It appears that date IS correct....I think it may have been cancelled last year due to bad weather so if the weather turns nasty again you may be best checking if its def. going ahead.

Secretary: Elaine Watt, 32 Kylintra Crescent, Grantown on Spey, PH26 3ES

Tel: 01479 873237 | gosgames@yahoo.com

W x

Edited: 5:11 pm, July 25, 2012
Merthyr Tydfil
4. Re: Grantown-On-Spey Highland Games 2012

Thank you for this information it has helped a lot. Will book car and hope for the best, but obviously if the weather is awful will ring the number provided the day before to confirm if games are going ahead.

Best wishes and fingers crossed for good weather,

Glenda Rainbird.

Reply to: Grantown-On-Spey Highland Games 2012
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted