We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre theatre dinner for Wolv Civic

Which Wolverhampton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sutton Coldfield...
reviews: 8
Pre theatre dinner for Wolv Civic

I'm buying concert tickets for my parents in their 60's. anyone know a decent restaurant for pre concert dinner close to the venue? Any cuisine but quality and proximity more important.

7 replies to this topic
Birmingham, United...
reviews: 35
1. Re: Pre theatre dinner for Wolv Civic

I visit wolves civic regularly and would certainly say don't head for the centre.

Petites always looks clean and inviting, although I haven't eaten there. They do have a website you can check out.

We ate at a nice Chinese buffet (great if time is important)...but I can't think off the name of it.

Wolverhampton...
reviews: 19
2. Re: Pre theatre dinner for Wolv Civic

Hi Jacqui,

It depends on what they would like really. Give me an idea of their tastes and i'll point you in the right direction.

If its decent pub food then head to The Bluebrick which is a 2 minute taxi ride from the city centre. Nice pub, food and interior. Lots of other nice places within a 15min drive.

Steve

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 18
3. Re: Pre theatre dinner for Wolv Civic

I eat out in Wolverhampton most weeks and I'm afraid that for a city of its size it's not well served for good restaurants. There are some great curry houses round about and I'm sure that some central ones are fine but the last couple we've been to, including one very close to the civic have been both over-priced and mediocre. I don't mind over-priced so much if it's good, but it wasn't.

One exception that we've found is Catellani's Italian restaurant ...

catellanisrestaurant.co.uk/findcatellanis.ht…

which is perhaps 10 minutes walk from the Civic. I guess that we've eaten there 5-10 times over the last three years and have always had great meals. From memory, it's just down the road from the Chinese buffet mentioned above, which I think is in the same building as the Beattie's complex.

Wolverhampton...
reviews: 369
4. Re: Pre theatre dinner for Wolv Civic

You know what you're going to get at a Wetherspoons, and that's across the road. Bella in Chapel Ash a short drive away is a nice Italian, and Queens Cantonese Restaurant around the corner in Queen Street is worth trying.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 18
5. Re: Pre theatre dinner for Wolv Civic

You probably know Wolverhampton better than me, Idler but isn't Wetherspoons across the road from The Grand rather than The Civic?

Wolverhampton...
reviews: 369
6. Re: Pre theatre dinner for Wolv Civic

Yeah, you're right. The "pre-theatre dinner" bit threw me. Jaqui W- sorry about that. The Bilash just up from the Civic is nice but VERY expensive. If you Google all these places you'll be able to locate them in relation to the Civic.

Stourbridge
7. Re: Pre theatre dinner for Wolv Civic

I have eaten at The Red Fort in fold street, the food is A La Carte indian cuisine, however they did have some options for my friend that did not like indian food. The food was great standard for indian cuisine and the service was quick as we were tight for time. I will defiantely go back.

Reply to: Pre theatre dinner for Wolv Civic
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted