We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Buxton

Which Buxton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buxton, Derbyshire
reviews: 4
Staying in Buxton

Having read the reviews regarding one of the Guest Houses in Buxton that i think were fair comment regarding how bad the place is I would advise all your guests to seek an officially Star rated place to stay. The approvals are made by the AA and Visit Britain and ensure standards are high and maintained at the level of Stars indicated following an annual inpsection. The owners have to spend extra money maintaining these standards and also pay an annual fee to be part of the scheme. Owners who are not star rated can be good but generally will be of a lower standard and of course save the money we Star rated accommodation owners pay. Parhaps Trip Adviser could do more to promote the idea of quality via the Star system?

Peak District...
Destination Expert
for Derbyshire
reviews: 208
1. Re: Staying in Buxton

I have asked trip Advisor to comment on your suggestion.

2. Re: Staying in Buxton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 29, 2009