We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dunkeld Restaurants

Which Dunkeld hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 4
Dunkeld Restaurants

I am taking my wife to Dunkeld for our 20th wedding anniversary. We are staying in the Kinnaird Estate Guest House, which is only B&B. we will be staying on the 4th and 5th June this year. It is a surprise but she is already out buying a dress in case we go out for dinner, a heavy hint if there ever was one...:)

Anyway, looking for a recommendation of somewhere in Dunkeld I could take her. Looking for British food, wife likes plain food. However, I am looking for something that is formalish and romantic.

Any suggestions please!

4 replies to this topic
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 229
1. Re: Dunkeld Restaurants

Dunkeld is one of my favourite wee towns. However when I visited a couple of years ago I spotted lots of tea and coffee shops and not much in the way of restaurants apart from Howies Bistro, a very informal cafe-like affair, and a handful of hotel dining rooms which appeared to serve perfectly acceptable pub grub type food. Sorry I'm not being much use!

We stayed at the Dunkeld Hilton. I wasn't bowled away by their menu at the time so we didn't eat dinner there, though the actual dining room was nicely appointed and on the formal side in the evening.

Edited: 5:36 pm, May 04, 2014
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Dunkeld Restaurants

If you want something a bit special have a look at Fonab Castle in Pitlochry. A 15 minute taxi journey away

3. Re: Dunkeld Restaurants

Thanks for the reply anyway.

David

4. Re: Dunkeld Restaurants

Thanks Paul,

It looks really good. Whilst I love my food my wife is indeed a fussy eater. She likes really plain food like a very well done steak with no trimmings. Might give it a go.

David

Reply to: Dunkeld Restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dunkeld
Recent Conversations