We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flybe flights, Manchester to Manston cancelled

Which Folkestone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, uk
reviews: 16
Flybe flights, Manchester to Manston cancelled

My flights to Manston in July 11 were cancelled due to commercial reasons.

We are going for a wedding and booked early so it is a real pain.

Anyone know why and if they wil suddenly start again?

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
reviews: 167
1. Re: Flybe flights, Manchester to Manston cancelled

Not good news. I was away last week so didn't hear anything about this, so have trawled the local media and found they have replaced the Manchester - Manston route with a new Belfast - Manston route.

kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/news/2011/march/…

And this bulletin from the airport itself:

manstonairport.com/news-and-events/new-belfa…

Though nothing on flybe.com, although if you try to book it comes up with No Flights after 3 April

Says the Manchester route wasn't economically viable. Since commercial flights started at Manston they've had financial problems so I was surprised when they announced the Manchester route but heard reports that ticket sales were quite good but obviously not. So no, it doesn't look like it will start again. Hope you can get something else sorted

Edited: 11:48 am, March 24, 2011
2. Re: Flybe flights, Manchester to Manston cancelled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, June 21, 2013