We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which park would be best for us?

Which Scarborough hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hull
reviews: 2
which park would be best for us?

i am hopling to get away for a week at the beginning of sept the party will include myself,wife,daughter and 5yr old grandson,i want a site with plenty to do that doesnt have lots of additional costs,also i am disabled but will be doing a lot of driving so i would like to be fairly central to different locations,especially the north yorkshire railway(does anyone know the fares?).obviously price is a big concern so we are looking around the £300 mark. much appreciate any help we can get

scarborough
reviews: 19
1. Re: which park would be best for us?

Although I have never stayed at any holiday park in the area, I would recommend that you check out 'Flower of May' parks. They have 5 parks in the area and I'm sure if you Google it their website will answer your queries. This advice is based on two things: firstly I have never heard any complaints about their parks (as I have many others) and secondly I recently met the General Manager (who knew I wasn't a potential customer)and he really did give a damn about what he offers and his customers - that goes a long way in my book. Perhaps it might be worth checking out review sites to see what experiences people have had at these parks.

Christchurch, New...
reviews: 20
2. Re: which park would be best for us?

Plus if you stay at one of the southern camp sites as suggested, its easier to cut through cayton, easfield, crossgates, seamer and onto the Pickering road for the NYMR. Rather than spend ages getting through Scarboroughs traffic.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
reviews: 59
3. Re: which park would be best for us?

Hi fellow Hully. I have been looking up on the big caraven parks for you and the cheapest I can find is £600+ for a week at the start of Sept. I think you will have to look at the smaller ones to keep in your budget of £300. ian480.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
4. Re: which park would be best for us?

Hi HullMoggy, I have found a caravan park for 7days in sept for £300. But it is not by the sea. It is the Flash caravan park. It is just off the main Scarborough to Whitby road. Beside Flash Inn (bar meals not bad) not ideal I know, but in your budget. As your Grandson is only 5 will it matter that he will not have much to do at night? I think the Flask inn does have a childrens club but not sure. Http://www.flasskinn.com/ As for the train Pickering to Grosmont day rover £15 Pickering to Whitby day rover £20. http://www.nymr.co.uk/timetable hope this helps and maybe you can find more parks more suitable. ian480.

Nottingham
reviews: 6
5. Re: which park would be best for us?

Hi there,

You're more likely to come in on budget if you rent off a private owner. Most advertise here: www.directholidayhomes.co.uk/yorkshire.html

C

x

Kingston-upon-Hull...
6. Re: which park would be best for us?

Hi Celtygirl, Good website. I have been looking for about 2 hours on and off. But I think £300 is a bit low for the summer school holidays. ian480.

Nottingham
7. Re: which park would be best for us?

'Tis for the school holidays, but schools go back on the 3rd September this year, so I was guessing it would be outside the holidays.

C

x

Kingston-upon-Hull...
8. Re: which park would be best for us?

Children grown up and flown the nest. One in Sydney one in Luanda (do you think there are trying to tell me something?) so I am a bit out of touch about school holiday? Looking at the prices, the first two weeks in Sept looks high season. ian480

Nottingham
9. Re: which park would be best for us?

Haven't looked myself, to be honest. Was just guessing!

C

x

Kingston-upon-Hull...
10. Re: which park would be best for us?

Don't forget we in Hull are always backward at everthing. ;0) ian480.

Get answers to your questions about Scarborough
Recent Conversations