We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golden sands haven mablethorpe

Which Skegness hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bury St. Edmunds...
reviews: 3
golden sands haven mablethorpe

this really was the worst holiday ive ever had . on my arrival to the site it was pouring down with rain got my keys eventually found caravan couldnt park any where near caravan had to get luggage out of car and walk quite a way to caravan only to find it was flooded.after lugging luggage back to car then trip back to reception explained what problem was i had another set of keys thrown at me for another caravan no apologies nothing. settled in ok . that evening went to play bingo with my daughter and mother only to be told we couldnt go in as my daughter had to be 18 new licence laws , nothing in brochure was mentioned about ageshe is 13 and always play bingo with me as it was only the three of us that went we didnt get to play bingo all week . staff on doors and in shops were so miserable and abbrupt we hardly ever stayed on site for this reason. also we found ourselves eating off site as a couple of nights from ordering our food to actually getting it was nearly 2 hrs. they had curry night one night loads of people were waiting to be served the poor lad who was dishing it up had to keep disappearing into kitchen to top up what was used up noone else helped him so we were all just left standing there waiting for his return . there was nowhere enough seats in evening so you could watch entertainment i hated every moment of it . i picked haven as i have been in past and really had good time . never again

Lincolnshire UK
1. Re: golden sands haven mablethorpe

sound as if you had a rough time. I have stayed here and thought it was ok. I only paid £150 for a short break so it seemed ok for the money. The August prices seem very expensive though so it will seem as if VFM is poor if the weather is bad. I'd be interested to know if you'd paid full price and how much it was?

midlands
reviews: 23
2. Re: golden sands haven mablethorpe

We have only visited Golden Sands once......never again! We had a "gold" caravan, it was filthy. We had to call the cleaners out and stand over them showing them where to clean.

The club was a dump, if you stood still you stuck to the carpet. It was full of scruffy families with the dad's sat in their string vests with 20 pints lined up on the table. All the staff were miserable and unhelpful.

the worst thing was, all the caravans were in rows, you were so close to the caravan in front it made your living area dark all day, and noone seemed to know how to use a dustbin, they just opened their caravan door and threw their rubbish onto the grass! The whole place was a mess, needs sorting.

doncaster yorks
3. Re: golden sands haven mablethorpe

I stayed there twice last year in april and may and had a graet time as asingle mum with 2kids ages 14 and 6 and this was while getting over a gall bladder operation! My tips are get in to the club early for any character show the daytime programme was v good not many people seemed to attend Would recommend the liitle pub near the beach the showboat for drinks and food as prices are more reasonable .Other places to go are chapel st leonards try yabadabbs for cheap goodies ie toys and junky holiday stuff . So my tip is book on the cheap areas we only paid 88 pound and are going back early march again this year maybe the staff arent so grumpy at the beginning of the season!

doncaster yorks
4. Re: golden sands haven mablethorpe

I stayed there twice last year in april and may and had a graet time as asingle mum with 2kids ages 14 and 6 and this was while getting over a gall bladder operation! My tips are get in to the club early for any character show the daytime programme was v good not many people seemed to attend Would recommend the liitle pub near the beach the showboat for drinks and food as prices are more reasonable .Other places to go are chapel st leonards try yabadabbs for cheap goodies ie toys and junky holiday stuff . So my tip is book on the cheap areas we only paid 88 pound and are going back early march again this year maybe the staff arent so grumpy at the beginning of the season!

doncaster yorks
5. Re: golden sands haven mablethorpe

doncaster yorks
6. Re: golden sands haven mablethorpe

lincoln UK
7. Re: golden sands haven mablethorpe

we take our tourer there are love it! off season ita bout £6 per night and that gives access to swimming and all facilities, the children love it, a really cheap break - never seen their accomodaion as obviously take our own caravan but they love the pool, the inside play area is wonderful, park good, decent facilities and children love the evening entertainment!!

Shropshire
reviews: 141
8. Re: golden sands haven mablethorpe

Sad to hear you had a bad time.

I note you have never posted before, or since your holiday on the damp Lincolnshire coast.

Mablethorpe and Skegness have been catering for the great unwashed and unemployed of the East Midlands and South Yorkshire for years.

May I suggest you try Spain in future, it is almost as cheap, it is sunny and I am told they also play Bingo there.

<*))))))><

glasgow
reviews: 15
9. Re: golden sands haven mablethorpe

Well what can a say what a dump and that is the only nice thing i can say,

The place its self is full of chav"s. If you like argos rings,chains and lots of tattoos this is the place for you and that was the women

The kids were the same . The carivans them selfs were all old

we wanted a gold caravan Ohoo yes it was gold, 15years ago.

The shower was full of mold,dirt,and other things that fall of you when you have a shower. The cups still had tea in them when we first went in the van .Mablethorpe its self is a dump as well ,you dont want to go in it after dark

This is the 5th or 6th time we have went with Haven but i will not be back to this caravan park

Nottingham
10. Re: golden sands haven mablethorpe

Mablethorpe has to be, literally, the worst holiday destination in the UK, if you can call it that of course. Seriously, if anyone reading this is thinking of journeying there, please....just don't.